FRAGGING OFF from saleable corals...

flubberina13

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Wah!! Someone pmed you? :huh:

I thought the lfs owner should be the one contacting the person in question if they choose to... :rolleyes:

As long as you stand true...dun be perturbed. :)

Enjoy your rightful frags in good stead. Hope they colour well too. :)

Aiyah.. false alarm. I called the person who PMed me and he apologized for PMing the wrong chap. Not my business loh...Guan wo pi shi liow. :D:rolleyes::D

After reading through the whole thread I still have no idea what this thread is about. The frags were already sorted neatly just like what ckevin said once the shutters were lifted. I was observing all the specimens and sps crazed reefers looking through the goodies but I did'nt notice anyone fragging anything intentionally at all. The frags were already there once the shutters were lifted! I suppose the so called "hoo-ha" about someone fragging the sps intentionally did not pertain to the first wave of reefers but rather to the wave(s) after that. So fellow reefers in the first wave just relax! (Thank goodness I did'nt stick my hands into any of the tanks if not I would have become a suspect too.. :pinch: )

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

OK.. I'm going to say this OUTRIGHT and some of you are not going to like what I am going to say.

This thread went downhill very very quickly and its 80% rubbish.

First off, two of you are going to receive a strong PM from me and it will be the final FINAL warning before you two will be made to cool off for days/weeks away from SRC if there is another episode like this. Have I not banned you two from addressing each other indirectly or directly until you two are able to hold a decent conversation without resorting to sliming, sarcasm or outright allegations and accusations?

You two are behaving extremely childishly and you're actually the laughing stock/talking point of SRC for a very very long time. Enough is enough and we are not going to tolerate this bickering in SRC any longer. You two will have to decide what you really want.

As for the one who started this thread... namely Flubby,the intention of this thread is to address the morality of the issue about intentionally fragging corals in the hopes of a freebie or cheap buy... so lets stick to discussing the issue.

We have already come to the conclusion that ALL OF US agree that this is the WRONG thing to do and we as a reef club and as individuals, do not condone such behaviour.

However because the incident was highlighted with very vague descriptions and zero details, many of us have jumped to conclusions until it was narrowed down to one particular LFS (who according to feedback is still pretty bewildered at all this allegation) and the WHOLE ENTIRE BUNCH of customers from SRC who was there at the suspected day, eventually ending up with a lot of speculating going on, loads of suspicion, some hurt and bewilderness and it is not BENEFITING to SRC. There is now, in fact, some division amongst friends because of these allegations.

Those who posted their comments & 'added salt and pepper' on this matter are not helping in addressing issues but have in fact clouded the matter by strongly bringing up condemnation on a personal level and digressing away from the intention of discussing the issue but focusing on singling out the offender.

I have investigated with the source of this allegations and for the record:

1. The shop in question is not the one near Mustafa.

2. Neither is it the shop that most of us went to after that.

3. It did not happen on that Sat morning but happened throughout different occasions.

4. Flubberina DID NOT say she saw the act happening (as per page 1).

Therefore, please stop speculating amongst yourselves and stop trying to call me or each other for clarification that you did indeed request for the frags/paid for them etc. etc because the point is now moot because of 1. & 2.

So carry on with your lives... and as long as your conscience is clear... there is no need to worry.

This thread will be closed shortly as it is unproductive and turning out ugly.

AT

• SRC Member
However because the incident was highlighted with very vague descriptions and zero details, many of us have jumped to conclusions until it was narrowed down to one particular LFS (who according to feedback is still pretty bewildered at all this allegation) and the WHOLE ENTIRE BUNCH of customers from SRC who was there at the suspected day, eventually ending up with a lot of speculating going on, loads of suspicion, some hurt and bewilderness and it is not BENEFITING to SRC. There is now, in fact, some division amongst friends because of these allegations.

I sincerely apologise to my fellow reefers who have been 'pulled' into the issue due to any slight resemblance of what I have written. :bow:

We have had an enjoyable outing that Saturday and I guess this thread was not aptly timed and thus it caused undue stress to you. :(

Rest assured...there's absolutely nothing wrong with asking for frags or freebies...I have also done it before. :P

But the thread is just all about that very minute minority who have done it the wrong way. <_<

And as for those who thought they knew something when they knew nothing, pls do not need to pursue further. My understanding with the lfs in question has been established. :)

And I thank the flamers whatsoever your intentions may be which have become more apparent to me than before. :erm:

I have gotten my reprimanding especially with the language I have used which some of them failed to catch the ball... :paiseh:

Dear 'genuine' reefers, let's continue working together towards building a healthy relationship towards the shops and their consumers and also to build a better rapport between one another as fellow reefers. :peace:

Indeed, my sincere apology to AT if SRC has become a laughing stock due to this thread.

Love

Flubberina13

As a form of respect to the Boss, pls choose not to add further. Thank you. :peace: