7ft Tank For Hdb Flat???

Just to share my experience with HDB.

Had a friend who checked with HDB recently for his 6x3x3. Mixed reponse from them depending on who u talk too.

They wanted us to submit a plan (all angles) of the stand/cabinet holding the tank. So we submitted the plan which was subsequently not approved. However they did mention that approval will only be given if the stand has got 10 legs! So we resubmitted and got the approval.

But imagine, a stand with ten legs will mean a very small gap between each leg, which means once your sump goes in, it stays in. Maintenance will also be a problem. :)

• SRC Member

actually i think most of the buildings esp gov built ones are over engineered and can well tke the weight, unless there are shoddy workmanship and inferior msterials used. so i think a large tank is not a problem. I have a friend who has a 9ft billard table in his flat, which i think weights over 500kg, so i dun think that there is a problem with 7 ft tank and sump. it is only the cost of material and transporting it to yur place.