Ten more days to P.O.P!!

blacknails

• SRC Member

Hey you guys.. Honestly I'm pretty glad that most of the people in this forum are guys cause then many of you here would know excatly how it feels like for me being in tekong right now.

Well, even though army life has caused me to be less and less active in the reefkeeping sections of the SRC forum, I'm still a reefer in heart and very much still a member of the SRC Forum.

That's why I still enjoy posting my thoughts in this forum and I hope my posts about NS life will not irritate you guys but make you remember your days as an NSF and be thankful you're no longer in NS.

K, well, I have only 10 more days to the end of my four month BMT and have lost a total of 13.5kg!! I passed my IPPT, something which I have never done since the beginning of my secondary school life (as in I've never passed NAPFA before). However, my tanks are in a mess.

Well, BMT has certainly changed me into a different person and I'm looking forward to seeing which vocation I end up in. RP? Rifleman :sick: ? OCS? SISPEC? Driver? Storeman :unsure: ? Personally I'm praying for NSPI cause I'm pretty sick of SAF life and outfield training already. Wonder if there is anything I can do to help myself become an NSPI?

Hope to see you guys tell me about your unit life on my next bookout and share the experiences there. Anyway, 10 days honestly still seem so long... But I'll be happy when, after my 24km route march, it finally happens. P.O.P. :upsidedown: loh!! :upsidedown:

cool...glad to hear that you survived your 1st phase of training....now you are going to be a qualified soldier who is almost done with the adjusting phase...time for more siong training....and lesser welfare...

if kana siong vocation...that's it...not only NS service siong...the 14 years reservist after ORD even more hisan.... :lol::lol::lol:

But hey...congrates! enjoy the good break after the parade ;)

Hey nails, glad that your bmt days are over! BMT days are the most fun period thruout your NS life.

Want to be an NSPI? Not possible for your batch. Cos the NSPI intake is Jan batch and Sept intake. So don't think it is possible. Dont worry, other units may be as fun too! Good luck to you for your next posting!

• SRC Member
cool...glad to hear that you survived your 1st phase of training....now you are going to be a qualified soldier who is almost done with the adjusting phase...time for more siong training....and lesser welfare...

if kana siong vocation...that's it...not only NS service siong...the 14 years reservist after ORD even more hisan.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

But hey...congrates! enjoy the good break after the parade ;)

Hahah....going to report for my 4th ICT....sian....really sian...

BlackNails...dun worry...life will still need to carry-on..just bear with it..2yrs will be over soon...

Tank: 5 X 2 X 2.5

Sump : 3 X 1.5 X 1.8

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Deltec AP 902 Protein Skimmer

I-Aquatic Calcium Reactor

Arctica Chiller

• SRC Member

actually i dun mind going back...cos there's nothing much for me to do...just do a 2 weeks of hiberation....

Off topic..hehe

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Arctica Chiller

Haha, esp Armour Infantry. Combat engineer or Combat medic can be quite tough too. Just pray hard that you will go to a unit where you can find great pals.

:off: huh??? pangz, u talking abt me??? i'm a combat engineer spec. Pioneer sect comd....... :P

yeap........ last time so siong...... gotta build the MGB (Medium Girdle Bridge) which weighs tons and tons........ those were the dayz.

blacknails, dun worry 2 much, u will make some lifelong frenz (like i did) :D out there along the way....... no matter which vocation u get into.

i look forward to ICT every year, that's how bad we wanna get in touch wif each other in the army. ;)

juz to add something, throughout my NS life, i hv neber step into tekong b4....... blessing???? i wonder....... :erm:

all the best.

LS.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

:off: huh??? pangz, u talking abt me??? i'm a combat engineer spec. Pioneer sect comd....... :P

yeap........ last time so siong...... gotta build the MGB (Medium Girdle Bridge) which weighs tons and tons........ those were the dayz.

blacknails, dun worry 2 much, u will make some lifelong frenz (like i did) :D out there along the way....... no matter which vocation u get into.

i look forward to ICT every year, that's how bad we wanna get in touch wif each other in the army. ;)

juz to add something, throughout my NS life, i hv neber step into tekong b4....... blessing???? i wonder....... :erm:

all the best.

LS.

Haha..same formation.....

I was also mono intake..but at 2 SIR..posted out...lucky.....serving in the engineer formation after my course....

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Arctica Chiller

:) i was with the crazy 1 SIR unit previously, the one they call the paradise camp bcoz it is so close to town as it was situated in Guillermard Rd last time. ORD 4 years ago oredi...... now 657 SIR. :P

damn it, missed 2 ICT due to my job posting in japan....... :angry:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
:) i was with the crazy 1 SIR unit previously, the one they call the paradise camp bcoz it is so close to town as it was situated in Guillermard Rd last time. ORD 4 years ago oredi...... now 657 SIR. :P

damn it, missed 2 ICT due to my job posting in japan....... :angry:

I also ord 4 yrs ago.....8th March....imagine the whole world women celebrates with my ORD>.whahahah...kanna craps huh..haha!

Missed the life at SAFPU......fun though...but very very telong...

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Arctica Chiller

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Personally I'm praying for NSPI cause I'm pretty sick of SAF life and outfield training already. Wonder if there is anything I can do to help myself become an NSPI?

I am a NSPI!!! hahaha.... ORD oOOooOOOoo.... 2 more months!!!

hahahhaa....

anyway... bro... seriously NSPI is not all hyped up as it is.....

stick to the army.... it will be better..... :P

if give me choice.... i would rather stay in OCS.....

but then again... since i am here.... perks i can tell u is office hour.... good pay....

downside?? er... let your frens tell u... =P btw... dun think u are in the NSPI batch.... the next NSPI batch will POP like late september or early october...

so.... =P

SISPEC WARRIOR!!!! :P

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member
dont bluff lah.... guards ok what .everyday run 10 km at east coast park :lol:

can see see girl somemore

Hahaha... thats the thing i dun like... hehe i'm a lazy kinda person. I dun like to run.. i only like to eye power... talking bout the 10km run... the IPPT.. all must guards standard one... damn sian leh... everything we do also must do better then other unit.. why? Because of that lame reason... "Cos we are Guardsmen"!! hehehe

• SRC Member

Hey there... surprised to see me give a reply on a weekday evening? :P Well, despite all your doubts I AM actually in an NSPI batch. You see, for my case only 3 companies passed out last week and so for us there is no OCS or SISPEC intake. Thing is that we will all have to be posted to unit first before we are informed whether we will get to go to Commanding School or not.

So I am currently a combat medic in Amoy Quee camp being the personal assiatant of the FMO. Thing is, that my boss is currently on overseas vacation and I am untrained (Medic Course begins next month along with the NSPI, OCS and SISPEC intake). So I am 7-6 for the time being (dunno if I gotta stay in yet) and doing very little office work currently (combat pay for office work :evil: ).

Yeah and the people of the 3 companies who went to sit test and passed their IPPT would have to wait for every other company to pass out first (next month or so) before we get a letter telling us whether we have to leave our units to go to commanding school during the NSPI intake. :evil:

Sigh.. What can I say? That how the SAF decided to work. And well, for me, now that I know I am doing this, I'm actually hoping I won't get posted ti SISPEC or OCS. NSPI I will still want, but compared to SISPEC or OCS, being a personal assistant while receiving a combat pay is much better... :D

• SRC Member

Hmm.. Oops, I read thru my reply and felt it sounded a little arrogant. I didn't mean to be rude or saying I know better... I was more of trying to explain the awkward system I have ended up in. Yup.. So blacknails here still praying to be an NSPI (cause I wish to sign on) and I really hope muar chee can share his experiences.

Hey thanks guys for your replies!!

Terry, been thru army? Cos if you have, you should have at least heard of this posting. After bmt, you are posted to police for their inspector(NS) course. That makes you an NSPI

I've ORDed a little under two years ago, and nobody has ever mentioned the word NSPI to me in there.

maybe being part of a mono intake, such words don't really exist as once you're stuck to a unit, you're there forever. like me. even after downgrade. bleah.

likewise, have you heard of the vocation AI? (=