Which Tangs are most prone to Ich!

• SRC Member

For me the powder x tang to be avoid. Tried a few PBrT (3 times), all failed and died of ich, same for PBT.

But Naso is good and strong, even my whole tang is full of ich, because, YT, Sailfin all got it when my Big PBT died of ich, this Naso still strong and free from ich.

Later both my YT and Sailfin recovered from ICH, so now I got this 3 tangs with me for about a year lioaw. Sometime, the cleaner do help, be it shrimp or cleaner fish.

Sohal never tried before, so dun know, think is very ex fish right?

• SRC Member

i am having a fowlr so its easy to dose copper into tank but cnanot keep shrimp...btw can sand shifting starfish be in copper water?

some one pls reply...btw my tube worm is in my tnak still got copper hor still survive...

tangs r quite ok bout RC say that sialfin also not that prone to white spots rite?

• SRC Member

Sigh!.....guess we all cant escape this bloody problem.....thats why I am trying to find out which tangs is more prone to ich!.......looks like the powder X tangs are the most liable to ich!!! <_<

In fact my sailfin and blue tang have almost 90% recover from the ich...probably only a handfull of white spot near the eyes........

So......I guess Naso and sailfin are more hardy to ich huh?? :huh:

What else? what about orangeshoulder? mimic? or even crown tang??? Sohal leh???Shit...I really refuse to give up!!!!

By the way Allan and Alfa....thanks you guys for your advise! really appreciate it! :thanks:

• SRC Member
For me the powder x tang to be avoid. Tried a few PBrT (3 times), all failed and died of ich, same for PBT.

But Naso is good and strong, even my whole tang is full of ich, because, YT, Sailfin all got it when my Big PBT died of ich, this Naso still strong and free from ich.

Later both my YT and Sailfin recovered from ICH, so now I got this 3 tangs with me for about a year lioaw. Sometime, the cleaner do help, be it shrimp or cleaner fish.

Sohal never tried before, so dun know, think is very ex fish right?

Tiger...you bet....its a expensive fish.....a 2.5" can cost 45$.....thats why I think 3 X before I buy..... :lol:

Getting a cleaner shrimp could help, and also feed regularly leafy greens like romaine lettuce, ain't sure if this is true but my father reported that it seemed to have boosted my tang's immune system. :)

"Less technology, more biology" --- John Tullock

• SRC Member

The way I see it is that cleaner shrimps do not cumsume the ICH directly but it will clean the fishes from other parasites and thus lessen the stress level of the fishes thus making it stronger to fight off the ICH naturally.

Anyway, the point is dat cleaner shrimps and blood shrimps are a beneficial thing to have in any tank.. but please dont have predators in your tank at the smae time too!! very expensive food for hawkfishes etc etc

• SRC Member
alan, really ah? how come your bubbles can eat your cleaner shrimp? the CS kuku and jump unto the bubble trying to clean it har? hehehehe :)

really it's the 2nd time I saw it and I have taken photo on it...

I have not idea why can a bubble eat that shrimp...might be because it is crawling on top of the bubble here and there and never realise the bubble will open it's mouth and sting and eat the shrimp...

got about 6-8 cleaner shrimp... now only left 2 cleaner only.. guess time to buy some more cleaner...

waste of money... :(

• SRC Member

Very strange leh.. I have a few fairly large bubbles in my tank and i dunt see that happening... i still have my original 3 CS since the beginning. Can it be that the shrimps died from other reasons and the bubble is mearly consuming the dead carcass which happens to be within its reach?

• SRC Member

Aiyo I have got 7 CS, 1 Blood shrimp and 1 boxer.....and I also feed the tangs with lettuce and only occasionally mysis and brine shrimp......but still up car!!! <_<

Allan.....you bubble very danger..... :lol: .....

(the CS kuku and jump unto the bubble trying to clean it har?)...... :lol::lol::lol: Alfa.......I nearly fell off my chair......wahahahaha.......indeed ku ku or maybe the CS gong gong thought the bubble is food....... :D

I notice my CS is very cautious with my anemone.......whenever I feed my tube anemone with dry shrimp....the joker will try to snatch the dry shrimp....but always end up cleaning its tongs and legs......wahahahaha :lol::lol:

Another interesting sight I notice is that the CS will try to pull out the poo poo from the tangs.......I think its because of in-digestion caused by eating too much lettuce.......kekeke :P Guess we are a bit off topic..... :fear:

Anyway....... for the sake of the tangs.....I will stop buying tangs for a while....... <_< ....turning to gobies for the time being..... :evil::paiseh:

• SRC Member

do u guys think that the bristletooth family hor not prone to whitespots le unlike all the others...

once i take out all LR just to catch a bristle tooth took mi 1 hour but after that some more put it in a small cage few days pass not ih at al but all my other tangs have...

• SRC Member

Just like to add something, it seems powder x tang ich king, but funny thing is most reefer (beginner especially like me) will still go and buy and try few times even though time and again, pp already advise not to keep. Ah, think we always learn the hard way hor.

Coral beauty, I tried, first 2 x died, but third time lucky, eating well and live with me few months until I went Redang for a few day, this guy must be hungry and try feeding from the power head, trap there and died.

Now trying out the forth one, 2 week lioaw seems OK and eating well.

Saw one powder black tang at Pasir Ris, very very tempted to buy, but loh, won the battle and go home empty handed, dun want to kill another tang.

Aiyo I have got 7 CS, 1 Blood shrimp and 1 boxer.....and I also feed the tangs with lettuce and only occasionally mysis and brine shrimp......but still up car!!! <_<

Allan.....you bubble very danger..... :lol: .....

(the CS kuku and jump unto the bubble trying to clean it har?)...... :lol::lol::lol: Alfa.......I nearly fell off my chair......wahahahaha.......indeed ku ku or maybe the CS gong gong thought the bubble is food....... :D

I notice my CS is very cautious with my anemone.......whenever I feed my tube anemone with dry shrimp....the joker will try to snatch the dry shrimp....but always end up cleaning its tongs and legs......wahahahaha :lol::lol:

Another interesting sight I notice is that the CS will try to pull out the poo poo from the tangs.......I think its because of in-digestion caused by eating too much lettuce.......kekeke :P Guess we are a bit off topic..... :fear:

Anyway....... for the sake of the tangs.....I will stop buying tangs for a while....... <_< ....turning to gobies for the time being..... :evil::paiseh:

Ya your CS is being sting and given a change.. if your CS get caught, it will become the tube anemone meal too ;);)