• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
haha you fake cabinet!!

look great la :eyebrow:

ahahaha thank you thank you :bow:

THinking of drilling hinges into my stand to support my doors. If not look like those traditional shop houses which needs to manually fix in the doors while closing shop. Need to testing... hehe

Anyway thinking of getting a new changai wood stand already. So no harm trying out... keke :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

just get a 3 X 2 X 2...

with a wider width with u will get a more scaping variety....it will look damn good too...

if u go for 2.5ft, u might have to consider 250W MH...and when u wanna place corals on your sand bed or when something drop onto your sand bed, u have to prepare to dive...

• SRC Member
Yah.. thats what i thought so too.. thats why i am asking for a height of 2ft tall. Hmm for 2ft tall tank i can still use my 150w MH rite?

so far my corals are ok...but i try not to put too much corals on the sand bed loh...let the more precious corals enjoy the MH tanning...those mushrooms and zoo dun care one lah...hahahaha

show some pics of your skimmer leh...

• SRC Member
i am using 156W of T5 for my 2.5ft tall tank...the bottom seems okie..but have not tested with any LPS there yet..

but i think zoos and other stuff shld be able to survive...

actually depends very much on preference...i personally love the shimmering effect of MH but hate the heat generated...

t5 is excellent but i always feel that it don't have the intensity...just my opinion...but of course there are awesome SPS tanks that run only with t5...

its just like the skimmer issue, there's never one that is the best for everyone...

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hehe.. its been a long time since i last did an updated post on whats happening in my tank.

Well this time round, i upgraded my tank to a taller tank. But still a 3ft tank. My new tank dimension is 3.ft x 1.5ft (w) x 2ft (H).

All thanks to a kind reefer who offered to swop his old tank with me for a piece of coral.

Here is a picture of my new tank. Noticed the height difference between my old tank and this tank?

post-34-1095454175.jpg

• SRC Member

their rounded mouths doesn't look that that of anthias leh.. anthias have more pointy heads and mouths.. could be a variant of purple tilefishes? hmm... tilefishes are more elongated leh... could be some anthias, could be a tilefish? mouth of the fish doesn't really suggest that it's a planktivore like the anthias. your pic not too clear so hard to tell

is it eating yet?

pic of purple tilefish

post-34-1095502144.jpg

Live and Let Live