Eheim Pumps & Products

Durian

:( A FYI to all fellow reefers who think Eheim product are top-notch and worth the extra $$$.

Just send my 2 Eheim pump, 1 1250 and 1 1262 for warranty claim. Brought from Petmart since December 02 and April 03. ! failed follow by the other following month. I was surprise that Petmart insist that they do no warrant useage under saltwater high dkh enviroment, casuing the magnetic shaft to fail with carbonate deposit. :angry::angry::angry::angry::(:angry::angry::angry::angry: And when I told them that I did vinegar maintenace on 1 of the pump -1262 at least once every 2 months, but it still failed, they stated, U are not suppose to tempt with the pump. Anycase.....they are there to refute your claim

PLSE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AWAY, ESPECIALLY FOR SPS REEFERS WHO MAINTAIN HIGH dkh of 11 & abov :angry::angry::angry: e !!!!!!

:thanks:

• SRC Member

I use Eheims for durability. They run 24/7, year in year out without maintenance and problems.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

I have an even worse experience at A***m***. At least they weren't rude to you.

Seriously, I don't you should tell them your dKH levels... I mean... what has that got to do with a pump's magnetic drive failure?

ps - btw, if you willing to spell out the LFS name, you should be willing to give your real name and contact number, just in case of any 'feedback'. ;)

So do you wish to edit your post?

• SRC Member

Water with high dKH will result in deposition of carbonate crystals on the impeller and shaft surfaces due to cavitation and heat. The result is increased wear and tear. Also, if you cut the plug of the Eheim to replace it with the standard 3-pin, your warranty is down the drain too, but I can't imagine using a powerhead that is not earthed.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Screw the warranty. :angry:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

It's true! Nothing much you can do about it. The manufacturer can say whatever they want. The only solution is not buying Eheim pumps I suppose.

You can try to bring it to court too.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

BTW I've any experience with QH -(U should know who). Got from P@#Mart the pump, it's the SEN brand OEM base in US. The started to vibrate like crazy after a month, Take it out for warranty claim and the reply is that go QH, they are the agent. And when I got to QH, I was told that all pumps vibrate :angry: Well you sure know where to get a VIBRATOR for your girlfriend :shock::sick::sick:

BTW, before u purchase any Eheim pump, do yourself a favour, ASK the shop manager to explain the warranty, record it down using a recorder and take them to COURT! That's what I'm going to do......... :evil::evil: Might have to wait another few months for my new pump to fail :evil::sick:

:upsidedown:

• SRC Member

Over a <$200 pump?!?! To court?

Are you a lawyer? Know a cheap lawyer?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

BTW, if you win the case, they will hvae to paid for your legal fees.....ALL ARE COVER.....nothing to loose. BTW the Consumer Association of Singapore have free Legal Service, bascially the hard to come element is the Proof and Supporting evidences :evil:

BTW, I've ever try complain to the Chillerr Principal @ $%#%#(oversea), although they took their time to reply, their support was great, replacement parts at no charge! Infact, they direct the agent to service me at no charge, instead of the $1XX quotation. I still have my email reply from the Marketing Director for PROOF! :yeah:

In most case the principal will send the FOC replacement parts to the local agent with every shipment lot, but all these parts goes into retailing $$$$ :sick::sick: instead of being used to service the customer's maintenance on warranty

claim :sick:

I know alot of you might be rich and even a $1000 product doesn't mean nothing, but keep in mind some of us here work our ###### off earning n saving every penny to support our family. The fact is the business ethnics behind this highly profitable business and the high premium price we are paying for NOTHING? :sick:

Guys's what's your dkh level?? Mine is always maintain from 9 to 13dkh. I've a SPS tank...so it's good to note that higher dkh tend to cause pump problems, unless it is design with such consideration in mind. Take a look at Joe's(Phang) tank and he's dripping Kalk with vinegar like crazy just to keep to a reasonable calcium dkh......if you are not in this league, there's no good comparsion at all. The requirement between LPS tank and SPS/Clam tank can be in the 20X or more mark. I've a LPS tank and the dkh + calcium tend to hover at reasonable good level forever........with only a weekly additive...not even calcium reactor.

BTW when you say maintain your pump - (soak in vinegar?), your warranty is naturally void when your so call maintainence routine is executed - U better chk with QH or P#tM54t :sick:

BTW, Anthony....plse don't think I'm so stupid :( BTW I grow up in the old tampiness fish farm B) BTW my sump has NO sand.

The point here is that the agent is selling eheim at premium with the so call backed warranty only void with mis useage, but the truth is that they are all out to refute your claim. I think the discussion will be better if anyone has even ever successfully claim from eheim. There's a few LFS with lots of dead eheim pump lying around if you did observe!