Review on SEIO pump

nqh71

• SRC Member
IMHO - SEIO is not a power head

Maybe this pump has been NAME wrongly. Wavemaker :o (TUNZE...)

Should call it Water Circulation Pump with LOWER power consumsion. ;);)

Well, It was a good product for circulate the tank water. It just took 5W for 2400l/h & 15W for 3200l/h. Which mean LESS heat generated by the pump.

Got a 2nd unit 620 on my 2 feet tank from SRC reefer 2 days ago. Happy with it. No more big hole on my sandbed. :D (If use a 3200l/h power head :cry2::cry2:

Very good circulation in my tank. Look like my SPS is HAPPY with it too :upsidedown:

can post a pic of how your 2 footer looks with 2 pump.....mine only 1 M820, looked very very ugly.... :P

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to all seio pump user,

i am from hausmann marketing aquarium. i am here to answer enquiries and troubleshooting for this pump. i am not here to promote, i only hope you guys will be able to make full use of what you have now and not waste what you have bought. should you have any enquiries, just pm me or you may reach for edwin at 67923695.

Reading up some serious discussions done on Rio Seio in RC

Could be informative for those who wants to know a little more info about the pump

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...6&highlight=rio

mixed reviews.. be warned....very long thread.... I started from the back..haha..the guys spent too much time arguing about Rio's past products in the earlier part....most of them got the pumps later on and quite a bit of discussions were carried out

(if you cant follow the link...just go RC equip. forum, do a search on RioSeio)

• SRC Member

I though 820 is pretty gd. Was actually intending if I should change my 2nd Maxijet for another 820. Its like getting a powerhead that's inbetween the maxijet and tunze.

At least the flow is not a strong jet of water like maxi and is suitable for either SPS or LPS.

Just my 2cts.

JC

CANNOT compare with Maxijet :lol::lol::lol: because the flow that Seio pumps are producing is so much different from what the Maxijets' output.

With Seio, you have a fat stream of water shooting out that spreads out and with a Maxijet, U have a tight stream that does not spread out as much. (thus 'more' powerful in another sense ;) )

• SRC Member
CANNOT compare with Maxijet :lol::lol::lol: because the flow that Seio pumps are producing is so much different from what the Maxijets' output.

With Seio, you have a fat stream of water shooting out that spreads out and with a Maxijet, U have a tight stream that does not spread out as much. (thus 'more' powerful in another sense ;) )

Is the M820 able to blow across 3ft length to sweep the "slime" off the sps? Cos that's my main use of a powerhead or circulation pump, it must be able to give enough "push" to sweep detritus off the LR or "slime" off the SPS or LPS.

Eric

not sure....as I have stated....I have many pumps in my tank... :lol::lol:

I dun get commission ...just thought since $$$ spent liaoz on this pdt...might as well know more about the pdt and find ways to use them effectively.

(hate to waste money this way ;) )

The pumps are in our tanks for less than a couple of weeks...still experimenting ;)

Oh yah, lightningstrike..I have yet to see any reefers compare them this ways or cut up their maxijets like guys in RC....so any brave ones to do a comparisan test? :D

hi DB, maybe some reefers in the thread stated below hv oredi given it a try. ;) wonder if they care to comment? :peace:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...487&hl=maxijets

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

Wow, read the thread and the thread from RC. I think its worth the modification. Think I'll cut mine tomorrow. ;)

:off: ahhhh...... bro scarab decided to give it a try. update us on the results bro. ;) me not so brave and oso in jepun now........ :D

Austin's Birthday

.png

Modified maxijets rock. Their output is at least 150% stronger. Can be attached to a timer for alternate wave direction too. Tried it and love the results.

that's why the unique soft start feature on the maxijet rocks! ;) sorry, noticed that tis is a thread on the SEIO pump. :fear:

Austin's Birthday

.png

Modified maxijets rock. Their output is at least 150% stronger. Can be attached to a timer for alternate wave direction too. Tried it and love the results.

do you have a pic of it performing??? can continue that thread and discuss further?? ;)

sorry..me :off: too. (just curious..)

• SRC Member
Thank to god, I changed my mind before getting this. Now I am happy with Tunze TS07 in my little 3' tank. Bit regread that should have gone for TS12 since TS07 is little bit lower.

tunze TS7... is it that >$500 toy?

dun like that compare lah, there are many poor man who only can barely manage to fork out $70 for SEIO toy :cry::cry2:

Is this maxijet the type that have output noozle that move from left to right ?

Can one direction output PH like Atman work just as well?

nope...those are edens

• SRC Member

Ok, I have just saw off my Atman Ph and wah the moment I plug back on the power I see the water surface moving violently and when I unplug and plug back again with a ten second gaps it switch direction and yah, it is indeed more powerful.

I have now place my Ph in the center of the tank and is going to look for a electronic timer B) to make it switch side

By the way, what is the meaning of soft start feature ?

What model ATMAN are you using? Power consumption??

A lot of guys use the MJs because of low electricity consumption and low heat in the water

Seriously...super :off: Liaoz

Ok, I have just saw off my Atman Ph and wah the moment I plug back on the power I see the water surface moving violently and when I unplug and plug back again with a ten second gaps it switch direction and yah, it is indeed more powerful.

I have now place my Ph in the center of the tank and is going to look for a electronic timer  B) to make it switch side

By the way, what is the meaning of soft start feature ?

well, good 4 u then. ;) but it will be interesting to see how long ur Atman PH will last. if it doesnt fail due to the frequent switching, pls post back here hor....... then i oso go for atman PH in future liaoz....... :D soft start is a feature that protects the powerhead from failing due to frequent on/off.

me oso :off: again...... sorry, juz curious 2 know. :P

Austin's Birthday

.png