Review on SEIO pump

nqh71

here are some info on seio. basically this pump is very different from the normal ph that is avaliable in the market. it is also something different from tunze. tunze is a wave maker that force mainly on the surface of the water. the circulation for seio is not that obvious as it starts from the bottom and circulate as it move upwards. it will help transfer the food for coral and will help push the waste in the sand bed upwards into the filter. this will help prevent red slime. this is not a pump that only help circulate water it also help improve the health of your fish and the condition of your coral. if interested i can show you on th different parts to control the pump to give it a better result. :P

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

i am thinking of getting one SEIO pump for my new tank..

brothers here dosent seems to like it..

however the review in RC seems to be postive....

*** :pirate: ***

now getting confused :yeah:

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
here are some info on seio. basically this pump is very different from the normal ph that is avaliable in the market. it is also something different from tunze. tunze is a wave maker that force mainly on the surface of the water. the circulation for seio is not that obvious as it starts from the bottom and circulate as it move upwards. it will help transfer the food for coral and will help push the waste in the sand bed upwards into the filter. this will help prevent red slime. this is not a pump that only help circulate water it also help improve the health of your fish and the condition of your coral. if interested i can show you on th different parts to control the pump to give it a better result. :P

is it possible to post on this thread on how much possible power/ function on your pump can perform.

if you can prove us wrong i will be willing to get 2 m820 from you.

as the first impression tells us alot of things

and how does it improve the health of my life stocks :blink:

if you prove us wrong.

• SRC Member

I was pleasantly surprise that a representative from the distrubtor has volunteerly came online to explain things.

because of this, even though my first impression was really bad, after hausmann clarified, i have decided to give it a try again. it seems to me that the seio while able to move large amount of water it a wider cone then most powerhead, it can't move the water over distance greater then 1 ft (try testing the wave by attaching a piece of nori to a string...)...

With this in mind, i started changing the placement of my SPS and the pump such that the pump are only about 3-4 inches away from the SPS....it has been 2 days and i did notice more of my SPS giving better poly extensions when compared to using maxi-jet (in fact, with maxijet, i can't place the pump directly at the SPS but have to use relfected wave - which is hard to control), the good this is that it does not create sand storm at the bottom.....i guess as with everything else, its the careful understanding and correct applications (i might still be doing it wrongly) that makes the different....

• SRC Member
I was pleasantly surprise that a representative from the distrubtor has volunteerly came online to explain things.

because of this, even though my first impression was really bad, after hausmann clarified, i have decided to give it a try again. it seems to me that the seio while able to move large amount of water it a wider cone then most powerhead, it can't move the water over distance greater then 1 ft (try testing the wave by attaching a piece of nori to a string...)...

With this in mind, i started changing the placement of my SPS and the pump such that the pump are only about 3-4 inches away from the SPS....it has been 2 days and i did notice more of my SPS giving better poly extensions when compared to using maxi-jet (in fact, with maxijet, i can't place the pump directly at the SPS but have to use relfected wave - which is hard to control), the good this is that it does not create sand storm at the bottom.....i guess as with everything else, its the careful understanding and correct applications (i might still be doing it wrongly) that makes the different....

In my case, I can't afford 1 Seio : 1 Colony ratio..........so got to sell the M620 off, in fact I think i'm the first to sell it off. Just felt bad that the buyer also put it up for sale the next day.........despite he using a 2ft tank.

Eric

is it possible to post on this thread on how much possible power/ function on your pump can perform.

if you can prove us wrong i will be willing to get 2 m820 from you.

as the first impression tells us alot of things

and how does it improve the health of my life stocks :blink:

if you prove us wrong.

Yes I believe most of the reefers here do not have a good imperssion on Seio. The ideal tank size for 620 is 2 1/2 feet and below for best result. It is still possible for 3 three feet tank but will really have get hold on the control of both air flow control and the high / low water flow control. 820 can be used is 3 feet to 5 feet tank. The flow rate for 620 is at 2400lph and 820 is at 3200lph. The electriciy comsumsion is also very low and therefore produce very low heat.Because of the low heat produced, you guys do not have to worry that the pump will like get burned. For marine user, I would suggest that the nozzle being plug out. Only with out the nozzle, will than the water be able to move in circular motion. You do not have to worry that this pump will create sand storm as the current is very gentle. Even the current is gently, it is able to move across the tank size i have mentioned.

Seio is able to cause the waste accumulated on the sand bed to move upwards and to be filtered away. as i have said it will help prevent red slimp. the current produced will also help to transfer food to your corals. they will not blow your corals like what a power head will. this pump have a very wide flow spread and so there is less likely to have dead spots. i do not know how the rest actually set the pump in the tank. but if you want to see how the water flow, attach a short air tube at the air control, allow the tude to be out of the tank for air intake. you will be able to see air bubbles in the tank.

• SRC Member
nozzle??? which part...not the casing.....???can you clarify further?

borrowed pic from tyrobin....the circled area?

is that a 620??? the 820 doesn't have the circular lock to hold the impeller in place...that is why cannot use the 820 in this mode at full blast... :angry:

i'm really on the treshold of sawing the casing of the 820 so that the circular part can be use to lock down the impeller

• SRC Member
is that a 620??? the 820 doesn't have the circular lock to hold the impeller in place...that is why cannot use the 820 in this mode at full blast... :angry:

i'm really on the treshold of sawing the casing of the 820 so that the circular part can be use to lock down the impeller

I am able to setup my 820 this way.

• SRC Member

Do you mean the part that deepblue circled? Its provided with in the box. If im not wrong, it should be stuck inside the front part of the casing. It looks like its part of the casing but it can be pulled out.

can you explain? i do not understand.

• SRC Member

Weird. I got the M820m for my 2ft, and it has the lock.

Just gently wiggle outt he 90 degrees deflecter from the round nozzle.

I diesmantled the unit and fix it back just to see how the unit works :lol: funny design for the rotor :erm:

The current produced is only fairly acceptable IMO in my tank. Maybe I should get 1 more and let the 2 currents clash??

Got problem abt the unit ###### in air from the surface.. once in awhile a votex will be created and some air is sucked into and broken into million bits :pirate:

• SRC Member
.... The ideal tank size for 620 is 2 1/2 feet and below for best result. It is still possible for 3 three feet tank but will really have get hold on the control of both air flow control and the high / low water flow control. 820 can be used is 3 feet to 5 feet tank...

don't think so....i set up the 820 on my 2 footer and attached nori to a string and start dunking them at various distant from the 820....after about 8 inch distance from the mouth of the 820, the movement is quite little....maybe i have gotten my setup wrong...if any other bro has try so sort of test with better results let me know...

but having said that, the SPS within 4 inch cone of the mouth has full polyps extension... :D ....even those that i pass for dead also start to extent their polyps....thinking of getting another 820....but then 2 x 820 on a 2 footer is going to look very weird...

• SRC Member
don't think so....i set up the 820 on my 2 footer and attached nori to a string and start dunking them at various distant from the 820....after about 8 inch distance from the mouth of the 820, the movement is quite little....maybe i have gotten my setup wrong...if any other bro has try so sort of test with better results let me know...

but having said that, the SPS within 4 inch cone of the mouth has full polyps extension... :D ....even those that i pass for dead also start to extent their polyps....thinking of getting another 820....but then 2 x 820 on a 2 footer is going to look very weird...

I too plan to have another M820 in my 2ft.. kinda ugly with 2 "cams" sticking out :sick:

4" from yr coral?? so close?? Mine is abt 1ft away and the polys are swinging about like crazy :whistle

Great, now we have a few ppl with 2 ft SPs tanks installed with 2 cams for 24/7 observation :yeah:

• SRC Member

I too plan to have another M820 in my 2ft.. kinda ugly with 2 "cams" sticking out :sick:

4" from yr coral?? so close?? Mine is abt 1ft away and the polys are swinging about like crazy :whistle

Great, now we have a few ppl with 2 ft SPs tanks installed with 2 cams for 24/7 observation :yeah:

hummm.....maybe i have a defective pump??? the current definately can't reach 1 ft.... :cry2: ....anyway, realize the the pump is stronger without the casing and the directional output....however, can't get it to max speed without the directional output attached as it seems to lock down the impeller and prevent it from wobbleing.....

• SRC Member
Just gently wiggle outt he 90 degrees deflecter from the round nozzle.

hehehe...stupid me....didn't read the earlier post... :paiseh: ..sorry, make too much noise already.....for my case i need to pull it out really hard!!!

okie....going to try it not.....hope wife doesn't wake up and see the mess i'm making... :D

I have a M820, running for a 80cm tank ( 2.75ft ), I find it quite strong,so

I've to blow it at an angle on the front glass panel to create deflection of current flow. So far I have notice that the fish and coral are doing fine. And as what hauseman explain, the waste can be seen flying around.

• SRC Member

I think my M620 is reasonably strong... likely quite a number of reefer either din use the "cam" style or did not get the seio to work properly.

If mine is the normal functional one then it is true the upon start up the seio is quite weak... almost like not working....

but if working properly, even my boxfish (body length 2") cannot tahan when swim into the current from seio, but it's enjoying swimming against the current once in a while from farther distance :lol:

i am glad that most of you guys here have begin to understand seio. if you guys are staying near my farm or are free, maybe you guys can drop by. we can also exchange some pionters on seio as it is new in the market. and maybe i can steal some knowledge on marine fish from you guys.. :lol: cheers!

• SRC Member

which farm are you from???? anyway, thanks to yours and fellow reefers' pointers i'm begining to understand how it works....love it now and in fact would be perfect for my next project....maybe will get another 1 or 2 for the tank i'm planning.....

Think the farm is near LCK1** if I am not wrong.....after Sungei Buloh...either before or after....more for freshwater stuff... I think...havent been visiting that area for quite a while