Getting a new car, which make and model?

pangz

My family is thinking of getting a new car, any good recomendations? Would like one with good mileage, good looks and easy maintenance. Wish we had more budget, but my dad's is of the opinion that cars are just meant for moving around together.... <_<

Thanks!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, agree mileage for toyota best, but the altis model didn't struck me that well... *sorry to all altis owners!* think it looks boxy and squarish. if only they had a nicer design, bet it'll sell even better.

No other make/ model?

Toyota cars give you good mileage and parts are easily accesible.... thus maintaining it will be more economical....

Vios and Corolla are great cars at that price.

next in line should be nissan sunny.

or Mazda 3 ( a bit exp )

ahh..toyota wish....that would really throw sportiness out of the window..but nonetheless u get loads of space that you want....

honda stream also belongs to this category...the nonfullsize MPV....but i dunno if they are still selling new streams or not

but the wish would offer generous cabin space for your family...especially on long trips along NS highway to KL/genting....everyone in the car will appreciate it :)

My dad ah pek driver, no need sportiness lah... hmm, thanks for the comments though!

Seems like range pretty limited, everyone is either driving a nissan or toyota.... how i wish i had the moneyto buy an Audi TT.... but then again, will have to find somewhere to put fat dad. the roof? hehe..... :eyebrow:

I heard of reliability issues with Mazda 3...not too sure yet. haven't drove.

pangz...

your father's car choice...will your preference have an impact on it? wait. is it even a car for your father or family? and will you be the main driver? :P

as for Toyota Wish...its all parallel imported. so some features may be reduced/cut/added. I don't know why BM doesn't want to bring it in.

my FL-G9 and previous pre FL-G9 gave the best mileage on earth. wah lau. super siah.

if I pump VPower *which I used to do before I switched to Mobil for SpeedPass purposes*, I could get 18km/L....easily. if I tried really hard, I can probably get 19+? powerful eh?

aesthetically speaking, although the car is big, it is the car with the longest rear leg room. so it should be comfortable for passengers at the back. although I think the Renault Megane has the longest leg room for the car of its series....

If i remember correctly I read that some where Wish is parallel import from Japan. It does not have an aircon blower for back passager. Neither does Honda Stream.

There is an aircon blower at last roll of seat for 2.0 Litre, but for 1.7Litre, it isn't ;)

Performance :--- Honda still the best.. :lol:

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

There is an aircon blower at last roll of seat for 2.0 Litre, but for 1.7Litre, it isn't ;)

Performance :--- Honda still the best.. :lol:

Sorry.. I talking about Honda Stream 2.0 Litre with back aircon blower..and it is very sporty like!

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

hmm... just trying to source around for dad, he's not so updated with the new cars. And since i'm helping out with car maintenance, petrol and insurance, would like to know what are the best choices available. And to answer terry's question, i drive half the time.

so Wish does not have an aircon for the rear seat.... hmm... i do appreciate the space though.... perhaps will get down to the car dealers this weekend to look see. Thanks for the comments!