blueback half moon angel

• SRC Member

Hi reefers, my wife got so excited with that fish n bought it...with my expense. :angry:

so after placing in the tank, it went missing n we spent half hr looking for it. any idea what to feed n lure it out? told my wife it's a shy fish. n initially she wanted golden angel! :blink:

• SRC Member

My personal experience with Angels.

Alive

Coral Beauty

Blue Lip

Murdered

Golden Angel

Killed by unknown

Golden Angel

Regal angel

Stress

Regal angel (Die vertically)

They will disappear and hide for a day or 2 than they will be bold enough to come our of hidding. But if you don't have lots of LRs, you should be able to find them easily. They like to stick they face into cracks or holes vertically (thinking that it can see not one that means others can't see it).

Good luck to you. Hope you find it soon otherwise it will end up die vertically in the crack.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member
shld be the bottom pic cos itz still a juv.

sorry no pics cos itz MIA in the rocks. can't realy rem the actual colours but think itz yellow body with some blue at the top back n face.

You have bought an adult. The pic on top is the juv.

My experience with my Golden and Multi-brand is that is will disappear for the first 1 - 2 days. After about a year, I still do not see them that often except during feeding time.

Recently, I just added a few chromis and now I could see my angels more often.

• SRC Member
jalan kayu. was quoted 35. they sell golden angel too but the colour, my wife spit. :lol:

That's a male golden angel if you are referring to the one @ Jln Kayu. Being there yesterday.

But their Harlequin shrimp is cheap considering that I was quoted $25 @ some shop. Also, they have labelled quite a few of the LS wrongly.

• SRC Member

all angels when juv look almost the same with blue body and strips..unless u r pro enough, if not u cant really differtiate the juv into their species....their colouration will change as they grow older to become that of the actual colouration of that species...

• SRC Member

Hi neokn,

wet home last nite n peep at the fish. did swim ard the rocks but juz wldnt come out. tried taking pics but 'police catch thief'. :(

my tank currently for the following:

2 yellow tangs

1 purple tang

1 moorish idol

1 6 bar wrasse

1 dark purple angel

1 powder brown

1 duno what surgeon <_<

1 yellow(with blue stripe on below tail) surgeon

1 clarke clown

2 fire clown

1 blueback angel

1 coral beauty

1 boxer shrimp

2 cleaner shrimps

think that's all. still waiting for flame angel leh. my favorite.

• SRC Member
Hi neokn,

wet home last nite n peep at the fish. did swim ard the rocks but juz wldnt come out. tried taking pics but 'police catch thief'. :(

my tank currently for the following:

2 yellow tangs

1 purple tang

1 moorish idol

1 6 bar wrasse

1 dark purple angel

1 powder brown

1 duno what surgeon <_<

1 yellow(with blue stripe on below tail) surgeon

1 clarke clown

2 fire clown

1 blueback angel

1 coral beauty

1 boxer shrimp

2 cleaner shrimps

think that's all. still waiting for flame angel leh. my favorite.

Goodness me, pardon me for asking. How big is your tank? 5'x2'x2'?

Reason for asking is that you got quite a number of nasty fellas in your tank, especially purple tang, purple angel (White-Tail Dwarf Angel) & coral beauty.

Centropyge_flavicaudaGIL.jpg

For flame angel, I saw them in practically every farm @ Pasir Ris, ML except T95.

• SRC Member

well.....hehe. only a 4x2.5x2. somehow they get along well. some fishes will bully the new comers for few days then get along well.

the purple angel pic's is correct! hehe. but i'm still trying to take the pic for blueback angel leh. die die oso dun wana come out. :angry:

flame angel got kangtao. so gota wait lor. :D

Hi desbug13, your angel is not like a picture neokn attach to you, the two first picture is Asfur Angelfish a.k.a Pomacanthus Asfur, the above picture is juve stage and below picture is adult stage, it is a big angel species, the one big picture is Yellow Band Angelfish or popular as Half Moon Angelfish a.k.a Pomacanthus Maculosus. Your Blue Back Half Moon angel, is comes from Paracantropyge spp, it was a Paracantropyge Venusta, this fish is a medium size fish and can attain max to about 12 cm only. It is a native fish from philippines and taiwan. As a paracentropyge spp, i don't think this fish is easy to keep, but good luck.

This is a picture of your fish.

centro1.jpg