Discussion about angelfish!!!!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Anybody came across this angel before...

Very Nice leh... Think very ex also...

Scientific Name: Genicanthus personatus

Common Name: Masked Angelfish

Origin: Northwestern Hawaiian Islands

Male

Genicanthus_personatusAQM.jpg

Female

Genicanthus_personatusAQF.jpg

CF can order for you. Only USD$2,000 per pair....... :D

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

• SRC Member
I've been read on some article, it was said that the most expensive dwarf angel is multicolor pygmy angelfish or centropyge multicolor, not so beautifull but don't know why this fish is rate as an expensive fish. Here is the pic :

Centropyge_multicolorAQ.jpg

Personatus are expensive may be because of their remote isolated collection area.

Here is the other posibility expensive fish : Chaetodontolus ballinae

cballinpp2.jpg

Don't know the price and tha availability in the market.

Asfur, Multicolor angel is not that expensive. Easily available here. Most ex pymy angel, of course, are the Peppermint and Narcosis Angels.....5 figure price tag!

• SRC Member

:yeah: hey...I'm also a fan of angelfishes but was warn that some species will actually cause serious destruction to your reef.....anyway...recently bought 2 Halfmoon Angel at seperate time...1st one die less than a week. Cause...don know. 2nd one bought last Friday..still swimming but like to hide btw LR...yesterday night can't see it around.

Saw Ashfur at Iwarna but to ex...about $42.....max 5cm. Wanted to buy but...... :cry::cry:

• SRC Member

Seen this last time in HKG. If I don't remember wrongly, cost about HK$1600. But I may have mistaken it with a similiar looking one. The one I saw looks like a female.

HKG $1600! grab straight away! The female has very orange markings on the fin -much better than in the picture.... the picture is poor.

• SRC Member
:yeah: hey...I'm also a fan of angelfishes but was warn that some species will actually cause serious destruction to your reef.....anyway...recently bought 2 Halfmoon Angel at seperate time...1st one die less than a week. Cause...don know. 2nd one bought last Friday..still swimming but like to hide btw LR...yesterday night can't see it around.

Saw Ashfur at Iwarna but to ex...about $42.....max 5cm. Wanted to buy but...... :cry::cry:

Wow! nice size for Asfur.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

Hi marinebetta, thx for the info, i don't know about multicolor price, i just read that this pygmy angel is ex, but it is cheap right know, then may be the info is already obsolete. This case is happen also with asfur and maculosus, both of this fish in the early to mid 80's cause american aquarist to $1.000 or even more per piece, imagine if i convert to today currency, it cost around sing $1.727 or hk$8.260. But, start at early to nowadays, asfur and maculosus is breed in captive so their price are reduces to reasonable price. Taiwan is the first country to popularize this breeding technic. So may be multicolor are also being captive breed.

HK is the heaven for aquarist, my friend just bought king angel from HK and it cost only around HK$ 600 for medium size, you know how much i pay for the king, more than HK$2.000 for the same size. Crazy huh.

Does anybody know the effect of airport x-ray to the fish?

Like i told you before, my friend actually bring back 3 fish, which is french, queen and king angel from HK, and then after 2 days in QT, the french dead mysteriously and the following day the king is dead also, now the only survivor is the queen. So what do you think, does anyone of sgreef member ever bring fish from other country and pass the x-ray and alive for longterm. Any info will be appreciate.

Like i told you before, my friend actually bring back 3 fish, which is french, queen and king angel from HK, and then after 2 days in QT, the french dead mysteriously and the following day the king is dead also, now the only survivor is the queen. So what do you think, does anyone of sgreef member ever bring fish from other country and pass the x-ray and alive for longterm. Any info will be appreciate.

eh :off::off: abit.. i brought someone luohan from oversea before.. pass through ex ray and now still alive... at least 8-9months already

• SRC Member

I wouldn't worry about it. Should not pose any problems....

• SRC Member

NICE QUEENS!!!! :D

But they have more blues hor... :huh:

I've seen one i believe is another variety from a different locatlity... it has more yellow.

Resulting a very stunning fish! :lol:

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member

I think bringing fish back to Singapore from Hong Kong is more of a factor of stress to the fish. You have to do the proper packaging and add medication at the fish shop when packing. The total time from the fish shop in HKG till you reach home in SIN will be about 8 - 10 hours average and there will be a lot of stress induced to the fish.