Discussion about angelfish!!!!

I think bringing fish back to Singapore from Hong Kong is more of a factor of stress to the fish. You have to do the proper packaging and add medication at the fish shop when packing. The total time from the fish shop in HKG till you reach home in SIN will be about 8 - 10 hours average and there will be a lot of stress induced to the fish.

Actually some of the fishes from Brazil go through much more stress and they still survive.. i tink a few hours is tolerable to the fishes, but if they can be bought locally, den juz buy it here lor... save all the trouble... :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well. the fish will be write off by the exporter if it did not survive arriving sin, but if you going to do it yourself, one must be prepared to write it off. :D

yah but if we bring in ourselves the no is very small only the most 2 fishes so damage wun be so great...

• SRC Member

I have tried myself from HKG a few times and must say not 100% survival. Further most will be stressed till catch Ich after 1 or 2 days. Anyway quarantine is a must as which ever the case when adding new fish.

:off: I have even tried Acros from HKG. Price is very good for a colony bigger than a palm size at HKG$120. :D

I have tried myself from HKG a few times and must say not 100% survival. Further most will be stressed till catch Ich after 1 or 2 days. Anyway quarantine is a must as which ever the case when adding new fish.

:off: I have even tried Acros from HKG. Price is very good for a colony bigger than a palm size at HKG$120. :D

Woah looks like my next travel trip is either HK, florida or japan(been there once see the price i straight away run)

• SRC Member

wouldn't you guys get stopped at the custom??? do you hand carry or check in the baggae???? For hand-carry, the airports are now conducting more thorough checks then before....so wouldn't the custom stop you from boarding the flight????

• SRC Member

So far, to my knowledge of the law enfocement agency, our customs will even forbid you from bringing any life animal into Singapore without the papers from our AVA.

:off::off: a bit lah.......one Malaysian guy brought two of his Siamese fighting fish to Spore for a competition & was refuse entry to Spore by the officers at the Woodland checkpoint. But after much persuasion & polite arguments, the officers let him thru since he convinced them that it was not for selling but competition.

Can try to smuggle lah.....but if get caught...hmmmmm.....consequences :whistle

Okay the conclusion are depend on the custom of each country and the fish is not guarantee 100% live but still have a chance of life if pack well not not too stress.

Now let's get back to the topic.

May be you want show your beautifull angel.

• SRC Member

For livestock, better buy local lah, less risk and less stress for yourself. Imagine after buying the fish, you are always concious whether the fish is still alive in the bag, walk also must walk slowly, hand also must be steady etc, don't you think this is even more stressful for the whole 8 or so hours?

:off::off::off:

back to main topic guyz...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::P

Yeah, I agree, this has been a pretty healthy thread on angels but we do get strayed once in a while.... so let's get back on track!!!

Let me start the ball rolling... Anyone got experience keeping cherub angel(centropyge argi) ??

Vincent Ho :peace:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Yeah, I agree, this has been a pretty healthy thread on angels but we do get strayed once in a while.... so let's get back on track!!!

Let me start the ball rolling... Anyone got experience keeping cherub angel(centropyge argi) ??

Vincent Ho :peace:

hmm i know dana** has one... maybe he can share

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

:yeah: Very NICE!!!!

The blue coloring looks very intense! :o

Me no angelfishes... loved them to bits... but wanna get a bigger tank b4 getting one... currently a 2 feet. <_<

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy