Discussion about angelfish!!!!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still newbee, just a couple months. Actually i prefer queen, but until i wait several shipment, there is not a single good specimen, so i change to king. It is very amazing, in each shipment there are always comes several queen and several king, but king angel will takes freeze mysis shrimp on the first day of arrival, but the queen is refuses to eat, so that's the reason to change my mind.

Still newbee, just a couple months. Actually i prefer queen, but until i wait several shipment, there is not a single good specimen, so i change to king. It is very amazing, in each shipment there are always comes several queen and several king, but king angel will takes freeze mysis shrimp on the first day of arrival, but the queen is refuses to eat, so that's the reason to change my mind.

Actually I tink the queen is nicer too, but to have a King angel is something to shout about... dun often see them in reef tanks... :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Yup, tink its a pygmy angel, u may wanna search again... under "pygmy angel" should find some info... :)

Thanks for info. I searched for pygmy angelfish b4, but still coudn't find a real match to mine. I will try to take a snapshot if possible and post it here again.

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

nothign amzing lah... king is naturally a very hardy fish and greedy one too... Queen not as hardy and more picky on food item will definately take some time before it start feeding....

BTW your king from where....

Yes dispar, i know king is hardier from queen. What i mean in "amazing" term is because not even one queen that arrive in good condition, where as king is mostly comes in good condition, may be it can recover in few days in the lfs but may be not, nobody knows because imported fish is very rare here and if fish from outside indo is available in the market, then it will sold out in just couple days. I ever comes to the lfs when he told me that the king angelfish is already arrive, but i go to the lfs at tomorrow evening, then most of the fish are sold also the king. :o

BTW, i hear from the lfs that he imported from HK, but i'm sure that you know king angel is a mexican fish.

To dleecool, i'm agree with dispar, i think it is a name that given by the lfs, i suspect that your fish is a juvenile Blue Angelfish. Is it like this :

Holacanthus_bermudensisAQJuv.jpg

Yes dispar, i know king is hardier from queen. What i mean in "amazing" term is because not even one queen that arrive in good condition, where as king is mostly comes in good condition, may be it can recover in few days in the lfs but may be not, nobody knows because imported fish is very rare here and if fish from outside indo is available in the market, then it will sold out in just couple days. I ever comes to the lfs when he told me that the king angelfish is already arrive, but i go to the lfs at tomorrow evening, then most of the fish are sold also the king. :o

BTW, i hear from the lfs that he imported from HK, but i'm sure that you know king angel is a mexican fish.

To dleecool, i'm agree with dispar, i think it is a name that given by the lfs, i suspect that your fish is a juvenile Blue Angelfish. Is it like this :

the region where king comes from is quite big... there is a brazilian king and brazilian adult king angel's body is brown whereelse caribbean or so call mexican kind(to be more detail) is dark blue in colour... the dark blue one is veryawesome, my uncle has one mexican king(paid a high price for it few years back and also becos of special request to get it)... for one year it has not change much(juv form) but not sure how it looks like now..

A bit OOT, here is article from worldtravelers.org, on how to handle your pet on flight. Even dogs which are definitely true mammals, are not recommended to pass the x-ray machine, let alone those little tiny lower class species like fish ;)

http://www.worldtravelers.org/understandin...ng2.asp#Animals

Animals

Pets

If you are bringing your pet on board with you, you may be asked to remove the animal from its carrier so that the carrier can go through the X-ray machine. Your animal will never be placed in the X-ray machine. You may walk your animal through the metal detector with you, or it may undergo a separate visual and physical inspection.

Service Animals

Travelers employing a guide dog, hearing dog, or other service animal are encouraged by TSA and airlines to carry some form of appropriate identification, including:

I.D. card for the animal

presence of a harness or markings on the harness

tags

written documentation stating the animal has been trained to assist a special needs individual

or credible verbal assurance of the passenger using the dog for their disability.

The traveler is not required to show proof of a disability.

Since each situation is different, advise the screener how you and your dog can go through the metal detector as a team (i.e. whether walking together or with the dog walking in front of or behind you while you continually maintain control of the dog with the leash and/or harness.

The dog's harness will likely set off the alarm on the metal detector. In such cases, the screener will perform a hand inspection of the dog and its belongings (collar, harness, leash, backpack, vest, etc.) The belongings will not be removed from your dog at any time.

If necessary, remind the screener that you should not be separated from your dog and that removal of your dog's belongings is a sign to the animal that it is off work, and can impair the relationship between the individual and the service animal.

To return to the beginning of this article, click here.

To find additional information about travel security, click here.

Hi dispar, i don't mean to against you :D , but i'm not sure about your statement, here is taken from my book, it is a guidance book of angelfish and butterflyfish in the world including its distribution area. Look at checkmark, it is very clear that no way a king can available in brazil. They are seperated each other. I think what you mention it just a hybrid of queen and blue which often said as townsend angelfish, many people are said blue are same with townsend, but actually it is not. :D

post-8-1097636670.jpg

• SRC Member

Hi Asfur,

It's looks like it but a little bit darker. HOwever the bottom fin is very bluish just like the photo. The owner told me it's call Royal Blue. Maybe like what Dispar_Anthias said, just the name by hte owner. :thanks:

• SRC Member
:D I don't mean to discourage you, but that lfs make a very nice name for a blue angelfish, which he add "Royal" in front of it's name. But, i just want to said that blue angel is not as beauty as queen angel.

:thanks: for info Asfur.

I'm still a newbie to angel, so I dont mind at this moment. I will go into more beautiful angel in future when my skill has improve.

:bow:

Hi dispar, i don't mean to against you  :D , but i'm not sure about your statement, here is taken from my book, it is a guidance book of angelfish and butterflyfish in the world including its distribution area. Look at checkmark, it is very clear that no way a king can available in brazil. They are seperated each other. I think what you mention it just a hybrid of queen and blue which often said as townsend angelfish, many people are said blue are same with townsend, but actually it is not.  :D

Hmm actually there is quite a few place that say that there are king from brazil too... hmm wait i go find those website again..... Oh ya FYI there is 2 price tag for king angel juv each for king found in diff place last time if i am not wrong)..... Go ask ard.....Hmm well maybe the lfs owner ship king through diff area shipment and thats why price differ..... anyway info found in book or web can differ quite alot..... But if its that what you mention... how come theres 2 diff colour of king angel and hey :peace::peace: I always love dicussion... Thats what forum are for

:D Yep, me too bro, that's why i write down this thread. :idea:

I have always like angel alot... thats why despite thier nature(may nip or eat corals) i always try to have at least one in my reef..... As what RC says a reef is not complete without an angel...... :lol::lol: my current reef dun have one angel but since its a potentially coral dangerous fish, i am trying to look for one nice and rare on for my reef..... At first I thought the very very rare resplendent angel(found only in the remote Acension sland in central america) was a good choice but after knowing its price i decide to find an alternative fish.. so now down to 2 choice... centopyge acanthops, african flame back or a juv yellow belly regal angel