Can Anyone Id This Fish For Me..??

Some species of angelfish. Not the dwarf varieties definitely. Surely one of those future big species. I can't really identify it...It still looks like a juvenile to me. When it grows bigger the patterns and colouring might change.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Check the gill cover for the presence of the spine. If there's a spine, its an Angel, and as Deepblue said, really looks like the Juvenile of the Blue Lipped Angel.

If there isnt a spine, its a butterfly but looking at the shape, its more likely to be an Angel.

Good for you if its a Juvenile Blue Lip Angel. They're not generally known to feed actively. You must have a healthy specimen.

• SRC Member

Penang? how u ship it back?

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Wow...a Flagfin Angel.. that was what I thought...

But then..I read a lot bout this angel and apparently they are hard to feed..seeing my PIG, I never thought that possible.. :P

p/s Got mine from Penang for about S20

so when can i visit u to see yr tank?i m fr relau,actually there is another who stay next to my block.may b we both can come?there is another guy in fettes park

• SRC Member
Sorry guys if I got ya confused...

Im from Penang lar

If I was staying in Penang, I'd just rent a boat out to monkey island and take the live rocks and catch the fishes there myself. And bring back jerry cans of sea water to build a marine tank.

So much variety to get from those off shore islands. All you need is to rent a speed boat which only costs like R$200 per day. And you can get everything to start, live sand, live rocks, water, fishes, corals. Man can even start immediately without cycling.

Why don't you guys do that? Just curious.

I would have done that in Singapore but the water here is like :sick::sick::sick: