Arm Calcium Media

Cookiemunster

• SRC Supporter

I use grade 15 coral chips.... not the best option but it definitely works.... :lol:

I would be looking for ARM too if I ever get to the point of employing a 2nd chamber for my Cal Reactor....

• SRC Member
I use grade 15 coral chips.... not the best option but it definitely works....  :lol:

I would be looking for ARM too if I ever get to the point of employing a 2nd chamber for my Cal Reactor....

Hi Phang,

the problem with coral chips is its not phosphate free. Meaning I'm gonna have to spend lots on rowaphos and it adds up to the same. Which is why I'd rather spend on higher quality media.

Problem is ARM is very hard to find. Does anyone have any sources?

My calc levels were 480, DKH 8 using tropic marine salt. After stocking my tank, 2 months later, it was Cal 380, dKH 5.8. My GAWD!!!!

Anyway I just installed my calc reactor and measuring the affluent, it is calc 600, dKH >32 (unable to measure cos it was out of range....using salifert) Does anyone know how to measure above 32 for dKH with salifert?

I'm going to need to top up with Reef Builder and Reef Carbonate to balance up the alk levels. I'm aiming for 12dkh and 480 calc. Are these values realistic?

Cheers

• SRC Member

To measure the affluent for the calcium reactor, you will need to dilute by half or more. It's just a matter of multiplying the reading by the dilution factor. My reactor runs at pH 6.5, dKH >50 (can't be bothered to test until end point), 10 bubbles/min.

ARM, as with all other Caribsea products will be available from SL.

I get my ARM from USA and my current Korallin media from UK.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I was using Schuran media even before the brand came to Singapore... hehe.. I was the one to intro to Patrick... with my Korallin Kalkreactor.

I made my wife handcarry from HK... she nearly killed me... haha...

Errhmm... okie... I'll ask my distributor friends in HK.... gimme a few days.... ;)

• SRC Member

If you look at the size of Morgan's ca reactor, you will know that him buying ARM alone will constitute a BULK order.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
You haven't seen mine :D

Only if it is working. :whistle

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

The white elephant is the arch nemesis of the evil black elephant.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Supporter
Gathering dust upstairs....... Thinking of cutting it up and sacrificing to the reef gods liao. A prime example of a diy idea that went out of line :D

Like to see it.... you got it made out of PVC??? or was that the giant Cal reactor made by fellow forumer on your behalf??

Ok... going to do a bulk order soon on calcium reactor media... I have great difficulty keeping my calcium levels high now too... ;)

Well... too bad SL's price is always so high... standby for more news! :)