to wat extend does UV steriliser reduce ich?

• SRC Member

hi reefers,

i'm thinking of adding a UV steriliser to my set up as i realsed that all the new fishes i tries to add all die after 2-3 day covering with ich.. so much that its disgusting ..

all my old fishes are ich resistance already .. but new fish cannot go in :( ..

please tell me ur experiences..

thanks ..

Personally, I have used them and swear by them until I get my first AT!

That's when all hell break loose, try as I may, I could not get the ich out of my AT. :evil:

So now a little sceptical. :whistle

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

A friend once told me that if water conditions are good and doesn't stress the fishes, they will be able to recover quickly without UV... as for me, I want the best of both ... good water and stress-free environment for the fish...

Did you accumatise the fish before putting it into the tank? I always driptank water for at least 2hrs, then slowly release the fish into my refugium... only after a few days & weeks that I actually test putting them into the tank... never had problems... only problems are that the older fishes in the tank gets very territorial and that produce stress... but by then, the new fish would be able to fend for itself!

:upsidedown:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
i'm stuck between uvc and coral life

which one better?

and wat power should i use for my 250L FOWLR and 600L reef tank>?

me too, i want to get a UV to kill all the stupid ITCH i hate them to core..

was thinking of geting a Coralife 9 W as it is cheaper, cannot afford UVC 10000...

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all! do you all feed your ich infected fishes with food soaked in garlic juice? Never had any problems with ick when I was feeding my fishes with that.

It was only recently when I stopped using garlic juice because I was a tat too lazy and my blue tang caught some ich. looked pretty bad at first but luckily it was still feeding. I began feeding my fishies with garlic again and the ich was gone in less than two days.....almost a week has passed and no sign of any recurrence.

maybe you guys can try feeding garlic for awhile b4 you try UV. UV kills all your phytoplankton as well so only use it as a last resort. I am using the garlic guard by seachem :D

Tank : 2.5 x1.5 x 2

Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC3.5

Lighting : Maxspect 110W

Chiller : Hailea 150 @ 27Deg

Salt : TropicMarin

• SRC Member
well... garlic guard, vitachem... all tried liao ... it does help my old fishes .. but new fishes .. cannot go in .. once go in .. cover with ich .. die in 3 days ..

anyway... i bought a 9W UV.. will try it out the let u guys noe the out come ..

so how is yr tank size???? i also want 9W...

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi, so whats the outcome?

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread