Richodeas

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

100 Bucks for Lime Green Ric is ridiculous. You can get 2 Lime Green Neon FLORIDA Ricordea for that amount.

Ricordea, even Yuma, will not reach the size of a palm. Unless what you saw is a 1 in a million giant... which i have never encountered nor seen, not even in web pics...

Guys do you think what he saw was a rare Green form of an Elephant Ear?

• SRC Member
But Its quite big.... around the size bigger than a palm...

Woonming... yours dun seem like Ricordea.. it seem mushroom to me...

cos i also bought a identical one at Hawaii marine

BerryKin could u point out to me why would u lable those green tip i posted as just " Normal mushrooms"

Acctually they are all just given a term mushrooms as a common name.

i am 101% sure that the picture of the green tip is a ricodea yuma.. Maybe u could point out why itis not right ..

Rhodactis & Discosoma are the correct name for ur common mushrooms which in this case arent ricodea.. Hope to hear ur view soon

:thanks:

• SRC Member
100 Bucks for Lime Green Ric is ridiculous. You can get 2 Lime Green Neon FLORIDA Ricordea for that amount.

Ricordea, even Yuma, will not reach the size of a palm. Unless what you saw is a 1 in a million giant... which i have never encountered nor seen, not even in web pics...

Guys do you think what he saw was a rare Green form of an Elephant Ear?

I got one lime green yuma the size of a palm without fingers.. :D

• SRC Member
guys.... i think some of them not ricordea right? by looking @ its already different how can they be ricordeas? identify them? experts?

Which some are u refering to ?

U can tell the difference by just the formation of the so call mushroom weather itis a ricodea yuma , floridea or just plain hairys.. at those bubbles end or anchor end.

• SRC Member

Hmmm maybe u guys when free head down to Hawaii Marine at sembwang and take a look at their ricodeas........ maybe i identify them wrongly ba.... but they do look like ricodeas...... hope they had not been sold... btw i dun think got pple buy.. 100 sia..

• SRC Member
Other than Ricordia Florida, Ricordia Yuma or Flower Mushroom is a common name for those mushrooms with similar bubbles.

Hehe i have not heard of a name flower mushrooms lol

But itis better to stay with the proper name so at least when someone ask a question we wont have to guess is it a yuma or floridea .. or " flower mroom"

:)

But itis better to stay with the proper name so at least when someone ask a question we wont have to guess is it a yuma or floridea .. or " flower mroom"

Yahy flower mushroom is a name given by the unlce at SL but i think better stick with ricordea

• SRC Member

The Ricordea, or Flower Mushroom Coral, is a member of the order Corallimorpharia (Stephenson, 1937), and has short, club, or berry-shaped tentacles.

Family: Ricordeidae (Quoted from Live Aquaria)

I think extensive reading is important for keeping such

gems like Ricordia.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...d=22&pCatId=658

Click on above to know more.

;)

• SRC Member

The Ricordea, or Flower Mushroom Coral, is a member of the order Corallimorpharia (Stephenson, 1937), and has short, club, or berry-shaped tentacles.

Family: Ricordeidae (Quoted from Live Aquaria)

I think extensive reading is important for keeping such

gems like Ricordia.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...d=22&pCatId=658

Click on above to know more.

;)

Practical is much better then theories..

Any way not to argue but i perfer to name it as what is known or labled in books and not to which LFS or farm terms ..

But thank for ur information of that web sites which i have already known :)