Working Resun FR model FBF500 and Rowa

Nautical

• SRC Member

one day ago, i fitted the Resun FR model FBF500 and filled half the container with rowa.

i used a power head of 600 l/hour and you can see the rowa in motion, very fluid-like without clouding the water but constantly on the move. i believe this is ideal.

when and what, if any, tell-tale signs am i expected to see for improvements in the tank ?

any comments much appreciated. thank you.

• SRC Member
careful......too much 'grinding' of the rowa media will powered it and leave the reactor IMHO.

no worries .... if you can imagine or seen morning fog over a lake with a slight breeze blowing .... that's how the rowa are moving. very peaceful motion without any turbulence at the top. hence the chances of rowa media leaving the reactor would be very slim.

btw, although the resun website specs says for 500 litres of water (assuming referring to this model), the pump to use is 1,220 to 1,400 l/hr.

http://www.resun-china.com/product9_en.htm

however i am only using pump of 600 l/hr which i trust is giving the desired effect. perhaps it is the length of the rubber hose used which is quite short.

those using this equipment, please contribute your comments for benefits of others. maybe can in future write up in the product review forum.