Shrimps In Tank.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEhe...he bought them from re***n. I was supposed to pass him 2 boxing crabs today (those that hold anemones)...but they died mysteriously while being held in my tank....mine is still alive though..maybe the container i put them in not enough circulation? Sigh...

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
wan,Sep 7 2003, 09:04 PM] hey guys i got this problem with my cleaner shrimp leh

very sian now..

my coral banded is chasing my cleaner, my cleaner was bought yesterday. damsel also go and ram it! lol any helpful hints? should i buy another one or what?

current population is damsel, 2 skunk 1 banded 1 cleaner

also will the cleaner clean the skunk clown?

wah i think i very cham liao..

1 skunk 1 cleaner? i tot they are the same? correct me if i'm wonrg. :thanks::bow::bow::bow:

• SRC Member
Your 2 ft tank. has 4 pieces of rocks.(no idea which are live which are dead) crammed into a corner. giving almost no hiding place for the shrimps. ie. they both hide really close to each other. the CB being territorial is going to wack the cleaner out of his house. and the cleaner has absolutely nowhere else to go . Both species are shy and spend a lot of their time hiding and will almost always end up seeing each other.

ai[k²]wan, what SpiderOne said above is true.

You need to create more hiding place for your shrimps. They need to have their own "private space" if they are to live peacefully together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi ppl,

Need your advice, just added a skunk shrimp n coral banded shrimp n scooter blenny into tank. Only fish is boxfish( small as dice). At nite when we returned to the house, one arm of the coral banded dropped off! Any of you had this experience? Whats happening? From what i see, nobody is disturbing anybody. Only saw the coral banded chasing the scooter blenny off the sand.