anione uses co2?

CO2 is used in marine aquarium normally in conjunction with a Ca Reactor to dissolve the media to produce calcium ladened effluent. the media only dissolves in low pH and CO2 is used to achieve this purpose.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

jus curious, how exactly is the co2 mixed with the effluent?

with the control of a solenoid regulator?

co2 passes thru the CR from the bottom up. thus reacting wif the media to produce the desired effluent. The co2 is controlled by solenoid valve regulator or by precision needle valve control.

Austin's Birthday

.png

oh

thanks

i haf recently decommissioned my fresh water planted tank so i haf a cylinder of co2 left

jus wondering wat to do with it.

is the Ca reactor an absolute nexessity for successful reefs?

not necessarily, it depends on what kind of corals u keep. if u keep a softie-dominated tank, my best bet is that u will not need a CR, coz the calcium depletion rate will not be very high. but if u do hv a sps, lps, clams dominated tank then u might wanna consider running a CR. not forgetting coralline algae oso deplete Ca level in the tank quite fast.

Austin's Birthday

.png

I got a Ca reactor even though I'm not into SPS. the only reason why I bothered doing that is because it maintains my kH for me, without the regular amount of dosing I would have normally done. damn mafan to dose when you are overseas for study. the fear of people overdosing is there.

• SRC Member

You can try Aqua Medic Calciumreactor 1000. It is is a closed system which can supply of dissolved calcium to marine aquaria up to 1000 litres .

This unit include a Dosing Pump SP 3000 for controlled water flow.Has an integral port to accommodate a PG 13.5 threaded electrode to measure the pH value.

Will cost you around s$700++ without CO2 tank/regulator set.

post-6-1096972313.jpg

I dunno. I think Koralin reactors don't come with media. I THINK lah. either that, or I heard wrongly.

frankly, I was deciding between Koralin, Deltec and Aquamedic. I wanted to do the DIY route, but it wouldn't allow me to pay by credit.

I passed on Deltec because I think they didn't carry in the bigger models, either that or I didn't bother searching for it. :P

Koralin was passed because it was expensive, and it didn't come with media too. or so I heard from the guy when I enquired lah. people who know me will know that I tend to be a bit deaf sometimes.

so. Aquamedic lor. cheapest amongst the three. with media some more. not to mention dosing pump. (=

• SRC Member

The SP 3000 dosing pump is an economic peristaltic pump for pumping small volumes of water. It is used with all bypass filters like the Nitratreductor and the Calciumreactor, but also to top up evaporated water combined with an aquaniveau and the Kalkwasserreactor.

A further application is the automatic dosing of fertilisers and minerals.

In freshwater aquariums, the iron fertiliser ferreal can be added daily.

In coral reef aquariums, the addition of calcium and trace elements (products of the Reef Life series) can be automated using the SP 3000.

The pump is supplied a long life Santoprene, hose.

Technical data: SP 3000

Capacity, fixed: 3 l/h (c. 0.8 gph)

Max head (pressure): (10 m, c. 30 ft) 1 bar, c. 14.5 psi

Motor: Synchronous 20 rpm

Power consumption: 4.5 watts

Pump hose: Santoprene

post-6-1096973069.jpg

• SRC Member

If you are not using a PH controller >> then don't need to use a Solenoid Valve.

Just get a CO2 tank (taiwan one> 5kg to 15kg / german one 2kg) and a good Pressure regulator (german one ). ;)

If you need any information on Korallin Calcium Reactor, ask bro lightningstrike ( using one) . ;)

shoelevy.. > i get aqua medic ca unit from my tankmaker as a tank package. You can buy the aqua medic from Aqua Mart (S) Pte. Ltd. mr Tan Cheng Hock.. He is the main dealer of aqua medic (singapore). ;)

• SRC Member

do u guys mind if i visit one of u guys to see the thing how to connect use it and all the various optional equipments tt come along?

because i frankly cannot quite picture or understand fully wat u guys mention.

like awt's a solenoid valve and teh diff with a regulator or wat's a ph controller.

ani of u guys don't mind/