New Tank

Rocky

:unsure:

Wish to start a marine aquarium in 3ft tank. Would like some advise on where to get a tank, do I need to customise it? Or can I just get from Pasir Ris farmway?

How about filter, good to have external filter or in-tank overflow system. No space for sump tank as yet.

Do I need any skimmer?

Rocky...

a skimmer is highly recommended for marine tanks. It helps by removing certain organics before it reaches the bio filterations... Should definitely be included in your list. Dun skimp on this one and dun buy a cheap one.... get a good one so u wun regret later.... not all skimmer works as they claim... some are even hard to tune.... why Dun u look at some previous treads abt skimmers... might help u alot or just ask some experienced buddys over here...

• SRC Member

Something wrong with the server or are you guys repeating yourselves to make a point? :lol:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

This thread seems to generate a double post problem. I will have to close it down.

Sorry folks! :angry:

so is external filter or internal overflow filtration system recommended? if i opt for internal overflow system, does it mean that i need to customise a tank?

• SRC Member

External is best because your tank will have added capacity. I like the eheim liberty 200gph because the current is not forced directly into the water but rather skims the surface. It is a little and quiet hang on filter but you have to keep the water level high or it will splash as well.