Hi,

My blue tang has white dots/spots all over its body? Is that ich?

what can I do? Pls help.....my blue tang

:cry::thanks:

FnC

My blue tang had ich a month ago, but now fully recovered !

The following are what I did :

1) Monitor the water conditions closely (pH, NO, temperature)

2) Bought a cleaner shrimp

• SRC Member

IMO juz monitor the conditions closely. they get ich because they are stressed. Some blue tangs get ich on and off their whole life in certain conditions. clowns are hardier.. and shld not be getting ich. monitor ur paras closely

how do i add food into galic guard if mine is frozen food....and will having a cleaner shrimp help the condition??? :ooh:

Lee , the cleaner shrimp won't help your fishes condition but water changes need to be done. You can dip your frozen food in garlic guard before feeding your fish. although it may not have much absorbent strength to it. but remember they need more then just frozen food to their diet though. :)

Hi,

My blue tang has white dots/spots all over its body? Is that ich?

what can I do? Pls help.....my blue tang

:cry::thanks:

FnC

Keep aclose watch over your BT and btw BT are ich magnet so once in a while when they are stress, they will get ich.............. By feeding them with frozen food mix with garlic, could reduce the chances

• SRC Member

Blue tang is very prone to ich... esp in a relatively new tank setup...

Only thing u hav to do is to monitor the water closely ( esp nitrate level to be veri high ) then provide good n nutritious food to increase its immunity...

First thing is to buy garlic guard to provide vitamins... secondly is to vary its diet... try to buy some different varieties of frozen food, defrost, add garlic guard... mix well.. n freeze it again....

Some food to recommend: Spinach, mysis shrimp, krill, Quintet Mix...

Not only good health prevents diseases, u will find ur fish having vibrant colours...

Most importantly, be very patient.... this is a long term thing... :D

Lee , the cleaner shrimp won't help your fishes condition but water changes need to be done. You can dip your frozen food in garlic guard before feeding your fish. although it may not have much absorbent strength to it. but remember they need more then just frozen food to their diet though. :)

A cleaner shrimp might help...Don't underestimate it.

Like when we are sick, we visit doctors. After the visit we normally feel more reassured and in a more relaxed mood. Psychologically we are fighting off the emotional stress involved with the disease already.

Maybe fish think the same way as us? :eyebrow:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

tangs get ich on & off so ntg to really wori abt as long as they r feeding well n yr water is gd. Soak nori with garlic guard & then feed them. Tangs love them. Even my clown trigger loves em.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

SKump shrimp may help, but if water condition isn't right, your shrimp may die too.

Those shrimp isn't $3 that you can keep adding in to cure ich, they cost $8-$14 depending on size...

Tank 4x2x2.5

whenever there's ich outbreak in my tank, I'll reduce salinity level (osmotic shock), and dose ParaGuard. Specifically reduce to 1.014. Success rate is 100%.

This is the most effective method that I have tried. IMO, no other medication can compete, including copper treatment. Trust me. :eyebrow:

You have to act fast. To improve the immune system by feeding and by ensuring good water quality are merely preventive measure. The fish may die before it's able to battle itch the natural way. :angel: