To Kill or Not To Kill

Should i murder him or let him murder my fishes?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should i murder him or let him murder my fishes?

• KILL THE BUGGER!!!
    • FOR GOD'S SAKE, DUN BE SO CRUEL!!!

• SRC Member
might be in the wrong forum but can't find any thing more suitable..

hi all, i have a very big boxer shrimp which i cannot catch unless i tear down my tank..i have planned to bait him out and snip him apart with a scissors..I KNOW IT IS CRUEL...but he is the only suspect to my fish deaths and injuries...i cannot add any cleaners or blood shrimps because he is really really territorial...

pls vote and his fate shall lie in your hands...thanks...will only decide when i get about 50 votes, if not i will leave him be (and kill more fishes)

i witnessed my boxer attacking my clarkii....btw they are not very reef safe...

try to ask someone to adopt loh... good for those 1ft nano keeper.. :D

• SRC Member
might be in the wrong forum but can't find any thing more suitable..

hi all, i have a very big boxer shrimp which i cannot catch unless i tear down my tank..i have planned to bait him out and snip him apart with a scissors..I KNOW IT IS CRUEL...but he is the only suspect to my fish deaths and injuries...i cannot add any cleaners or blood shrimps because he is really really territorial...

pls vote and his fate shall lie in your hands...thanks...will only decide when i get about 50 votes, if not i will leave him be (and kill more fishes)

boxer can be known to be territorial but i doubt they actually seek out your fishes for a fight or a meal. They probably are defending thier territory fiecely; and which living things doesn't??

Well you do have to get it out of your tank to have a peace of mind but why not made a swop with fellow reefers here for a shrimp? I dun encourage killing it cos its only our fault that we did not research enough into the species beforehand.

Swop it, I am sure you will benefit more from it. Or else return it to your LFS. Nice LFS might give you a discount on your next purchase.

• SRC Member

Frankly i dont think the boxer killed yur fishes la.

Have one in my tank for almost 9mths liao. Observe it chasing away fishes and other shrimps but never to the extend of actually attacking them. Even my slow swimming goby is fine with it. ;)

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member

ya lo... in fact dunno y but my fire goby sometimes like to chase the boxer shrimp back to its retreat....