Any one use Zeovit got negative results

andysho

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Started Zeovit some time back. Now red slime algae starting to take over my tank! Anyone experience the same thing?? Is it due to overdosing of Zeofood?

Nitrate 2.5ppm (salifert)

Phosphate (salifert)

Lighting 8 hours

Overdose of zeofood will not cause the cyno to spread.

You gave too little info.

What's your tank size, net water volume, amount of zeolit, how long been using, etc? More info pls.....

overdosing of zeofood will cause the SPS to be very light colored and if still overdose after that will cause RTN and brown slime.

• SRC Member

YzF, yeah i got that too after i started on zeovit system. i reduce zeofood but the red slime did not go away as fast so i used ultraslime for a quick and easy way out. since then, i drip 50% dosage once a week. no more outbreak.

weileong, i dun experience od on zeofood causing sps to stn/rtn but overdose on zeovit and zeobak... yeah that will surely kill the sps.

• SRC Member

Bro weilong

Tank size 4x2x2 .

Net water volume should approx 100 gallon

Using the whole pack of zeovit for about 3-4 weeks already.

Dosing 4-6 drops of Zeobak for the first 14 days

Dosing 6-8 drop of Zeofood everyday. Reduce to 2 drops for the past 4 days.

Started dosing 2 drops of amino acid everyday for the past week.

Before using zeovit, there's no red slime. But there's some green cyno around. Nitrate are about 50ppm then. Lighting are on 8 hours daily.

Parameter of water are fine now. Red slime starting to cover rocks now.

Bro Untouchables

Ultraslime get from where? if stop dosing then red slime will come back??

• SRC Member
Bro weilong

Tank size 4x2x2 .

Before using zeovit, there's no red slime. But there's some green cyno around. Nitrate are about 50ppm then. Lighting are on 8 hours daily.

Bro Untouchables

Ultraslime get from where? if stop dosing then red slime will come back??

Stop dosing the amino acid. Your tank has not reach stage 3, dosing of aminoacid concentrate now will cause the slime.

• SRC Member

oh... so its the amino acid that is causing the slime! Will stop immediately. Btw zeofood also contain amino acid leh..

Can i confirm that reducing zeofood has no negative effect beside some possibility of having an increase in Nitrate level?

• SRC Member

Red slime spreading even i'm not using the amino acid anymore. Got the Red slime remover. But skimmer overflow when i use it. Anyone knows how long it take before i can switch on the skimmer again? Waited one night already but skimmer still threaten to overflow..

• SRC Member

quite a number of my sps STN and some already gone already.....but on the bright side, my softie and LPS seems to reponse very well and it extending their polys more......

but then, its only week 1....guess i'll wait to see if there are any more changes....

• SRC Member

Untouchable

My H&S start to overflow in less then 5 sec after i switch on the pump for the skimmer. Thus also cannot reduce flow rate. Although i tried to reduce the level in the skimmer, it useless.

Anyway how long does it take for the red slime to completely disappear? Do you do a water change in between? Cos the box does not really come with proper instructions leh...

Tank size 4x2x2 .

You should just be dosing zeofood twice a week since you're already 4 weeks after replacing your zeolites.

Recommended dosage for the first two weeks would 2 drops/2 drops every 2 days dose for 7 times for zeobak and zeofood and 2ml zeostart every day.

After that the next 4 weeks you would dose twice a week at 2 drops/2 drops for zeobak and zeofood. For zeostart 2ml daily.

Recommended to turn your skimmer off for 30-60 mins after dosing (take this chance to clean your skimmer).

Are you using a reactor, if so then try to interval the reactor at 3hr cycle as that will help to increase the speed of nutrient reduction so you reach stage 2 faster

Monitor your PO4 levels, if PO4 shoots up then increase your zeostart dosage to like 3ml daily, once you get brown slime or sps color become pale then stop dosing zeostart for 3 days then reduce dosage to 1ml/daily.

Your tank volume very similar to mine so the above it what I am doing

Those that kanna SPS RTN are those that dose too much from the start and the SPS cannot adjust to the lowered nutrient so RTN

• SRC Member

yep right even in reef central~~ some have good results,

while other due to overdose~have some sps up the lorry~~

This zeovit is a good product however one must take dosage

seriously~~ and for the tank volume ~~~

Pls rem never never take the exact volume~~ and also bear in mind

that live rock also form a part of the total volume of water in the tank

so is best to take around 60 - 70 percent of the total volume of water

and serve as a guide for the dosage of zeovit stuff

• SRC Member
oh... so its the amino acid that is causing the slime! Will stop immediately. Btw zeofood also contain amino acid leh..

Can i confirm that reducing zeofood has no negative effect beside some possibility of having an increase in Nitrate level?

I don't think is the amino acid that is causing the red slime. I am using zoevit also, but without amino. My kit only has zoebak and zoefood. i had used for ~1 month. Red slime still comes up everyday even if i clean everyday. Previously before starting zoevit system, my tank condition was in tip top. I was also using rowas. Rowas really reduces phospahate to 0.025. Now, with zoevit, ~2ppm phosphate.............. :(

• SRC Member
kamiru Posted on Nov 26 2004, 09:17 AM

QUOTE (YzF @ Nov 18 2004, 12:14 PM)

I don't think is the amino acid that is causing the red slime. I am using zoevit also, but without amino. My kit only has zoebak and zoefood. i had used for ~1 month. Red slime still comes up everyday even if i clean everyday. Previously before starting zoevit system, my tank condition was in tip top. I was also using rowas. Rowas really reduces phospahate to 0.025. Now, with zoevit, ~2ppm phosphate.............. 

which phase of tank maturity are you at?

starting/new? mature with high nutrients or mature with low nutrients?

they require different dosages of zeobak/zeofood

Zeovit also has some recommended running suggestions.

one of them is without Iron Oxide Hydroxide (GFO) Phosphate Binders,

in your case Rowaphos.

Zeovit has its own phosphate removing properties, run the reactor

with the 3hr on/off interval.

How's your skimming? KH? running carbon?

once everything is running properly, the results tend to be WOW!