Reef Tank which doesn't require to change water

• SRC Member

:lol: believed that Marine Newbie > get our points'''.

Yup.. what AT, alanseah and others >> correct ;) ... depending on bio-ball alone.. some-more.. $800- zero-water change system. Will compromising the health of animals.

If this $800-no water change system >> can the same jobs as our system or even better.. Then ... we can -throw/sell our equipments away (80% discount) at selling forum.

Our equipments > design and research by marine reef experts - around the world. They don't even - dared to state that their systems > zero water change.

I have read about > reefers from US. no-water change for their reef tank > for years... If you take a look at their system.. .. marine newbie > you will understand why.... :o

you should > try that no-water change system out..perhap. you can prove and teach us. :o

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hello.... I am using 4' of CR antique tank. Although I don't really believe the no water change theory from the sales talk, I still bought the tank. 'Cos I like the cabinet they made (strong support, sleek looking), special request sump, warranty on the tank, etc, etc. Of course, all this is added into the price.....

Last of all..... if u believe no water change theory in reef tank..... then don't go into it.

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member
:lol: believed that Marine Newbie > get our points'''.

Yup.. what AT, alanseah and others >> correct ;) ... depending on bio-ball alone.. some-more.. $800- zero-water change system. Will compromising the health of animals.

If this $800-no water change system >> can the same jobs as our system or even better.. Then ... we can -throw/sell our equipments away (80% discount) at selling forum.

Our equipments > design and research by marine reef experts - around the world. They don't even - dared to state that their systems > zero water change.

I have read about > reefers from US. no-water change for their reef tank > for years... If you take a look at their system.. .. marine newbie > you will understand why.... :o

you should > try that no-water change system out..perhap. you can prove and teach us. :o

i agreed with wat you said. for such a tank(if there is any) i will pay around 20k for just a two ft.if there is such a tecnology the person that selling it will be super rich in no time. :D

• SRC Member

check out the advertisement on the CR aquarium website!! :blink:

WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT NEW GENERATION SYSTEM TANK

Typically, when someone starts keeping fish as a hobby, first thing to do is pick out a aquarium tank (empty) and all other accessories like external filters, pump, lightings etc. After setting up the tank, they realizes it look clustered and difficult to maintain.

New Generation System is different! We designed a back Internal Biological Filtration System which is hidden from sight. As such you have an unobstructed view of your fishes. This enhances your relaxation, isn't that great!

NG system tank (I.B.F.S.) incorporates “gravity flow” technology that basically helps provide oxygen-rich environment for bacteria to grow, converting ammonia into nitrites and then to nitrate which is not only HARMLESS but very ESSENTIAL for the well-being of your precious fishes.

Therefore, we highly recommend ABSOLUTELY NO WATER CHANGE!

Isn't that amazing! Unbelivable! Check it out yourself.

As a result, owning a NG system tank means almost ZERO maintenance. Only the occasional cleaning of the glass surfaces maybe needed.

Besides helping to establish STABLE water condition, its filtration system also provide water clarity up to 99%.

NG system tanks are constructed using 160% silicon sealant on Grade float glass imported from Germany. All NG system tank come with a life time guarantee, for leakage.

Initial start-up cost may seems high, but with everything provided it is real VALUE for money.

AT CR Aquarium, we not only manufacture aquarium tanks, WE BUILD HOME FOR YOUR FISHES!

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

:off: .......... those who (200%) !!!! believe in 100% no-water change... almost ZERO maintenance ... should try this sytem out.

.. Grade float glass imported from Germany... :blink: ...

“gravity flow” technology that basically helps provide oxygen-rich environment for bacteria to grow, converting ammonia into nitrites and then to nitrate .. :blink: sound like a normal sump system.

similar to a DeNitrator.. but german deNitrator .. don't use oxygen-rich environment for bacteria. eg: AB denitrator 1000> works with a flow rate of 1 to 4 l/hr (c. 0.25 to 1 gph). In the absence of oxygen this situation promotes bacteria that metabolize nitrate.

wow.. his gravity flow... enrich bacteria with oxygen. convert ammonia nitrites to nitrate. . New Generation System !! my god... i have to throw away denitrator.. a old generation system which helps me to break NO3 to N2.

All NG system tank come with a life time guarantee, for leakage.. Wow life time gurantee... i must get this tank.. if i live up to 110. the he k guarantee that the silicon will still stay and no leakage.. ..

alanseah... want to use this system... can keep our sps.. ( as many as we want, don't need to change water ! save $$$ ). :lol:

Initial start-up cost may seems high, but with everything provided it is real VALUE for money. >>>> rite... german float glass .. new gernation system... sure earn a lot.. :lol:

Yup... sure high initial start up cost.. i need to throw away all my tank/equipment and get his high tech system. Shit... those german brand that i bought >con me... got better system that > design by sp lecturer.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

what's a 160% silicon? purer than 100% silicon? you only use % > 100 for multiplying or growth calculation, but in terms of purity you could not go higher than 100% <_<

1. Via-Aqua MultiSkimmer - $25.00

2. DIY Kalk Reactor - $25.00

3. Atman Protein Skimmer - $25.00

PM Me if interested.

• SRC Member

:blink: Even the famous large scale aquariums like the Monaco Aquarium and the Sydney aquarium which are about as close to the actual natural reefs as you can get require 'maintenance' what makes these clowns think they can create a small scale reef that is maintenance free?

Same thing as those small time clown companies who make engine oil additives. Oil giants like Mobil and Shell with their billion dollar R&D budgets come out with good engine oil. Then people thrust some unknown company and add their additives to their precious vehicles.

Sorry if i am off topic but this case really reminds me of this. People who try for the cheap and easy way out. If you can't be bothered to do basic maintenance for something, don't get into it! Same goes for both above cases! :pinch:

• SRC Member

:off: .. In any case... using New Generation System or our old generation system :huh: .

I support > bro Guinness said. Although i am a inexperience, lousy reefer. I believe > experience reefers and senior reefers here >agree with me:

if -not for our greed to own these animals .. they will not be sold as items for $$$.

Thus we have the responsibility to take good care of them. . not as a toy.. or like what alanseah said: "just setup and see all LS kill and all sort of money gone to waste..and then they will finally give up once they r tired of it or run low in cash"

but >> like Guinness said > go easy way out; can't be bothered to do basic maintenance for something. Then best.. > don't go into this hobby.

bro Marine Newbie.. not that > we want to go against you. :peace:

Perhap.. this new generation system > good for reef fishes only. any way.. you may not believe us or can even prove us wrong. If your gf mother.. really > don't like to do basic maintence like changing water' etc. Why not you advice her to go into fresh water tank.

Thanks all bros for the comments... i get wat all of you meant.. i will relate the message to my gf's mother... personally i told her to get a freshwater tank if maintanance is the problem.. haha.. Think probably the system will work with low bio load and speciifc corals only.. anyway she not venturing into intermediate reef.. just wan a tank to brightrn up the house...

Maybe if she really want to try out ( it's her $$ not mine ), i will update you all on the progress.... lol :D

:thanks: for all the replies

cheers!

• SRC Member
if that is the case why not ask her to look for me.. and I setup the whole same thing can cost her slightly cheaper.. hehehehe

i can help to carry heavy stuffs. :lol::lol::lol:

:off: hmm. Marine Newbie. .some of bros .. selling their 3ft,4ft and 5ft tank here. some of them .. complete system'''. Just need to check the condition of the tank and eqiupments etc. :o invite her to take a good at bro Nickel's 5ft tank. ;)

Didn't read through everything but I just want to share something with you all. Actually my tank is going through 24hr water change cause I cant seem to stop a small leak from my skimmer output pipe. Tried everything from seal tape to glue to even parafilm!!!! Maybe that's why I do not have any algae growing in my tank :unsure:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

:lol::lol::lol: .bro marine newbie.. but really.. avoid 100% no water change system.. if she want to stock the tank with demanding corals. or even corals ''..etc. if she just want to keep marine fishes.. okie...

Prevent her from " wasting $$" and also saving corals too. :peace:

wow.. blue heaven > auto (24hrs) water changing system... :lol::lol:

Redo' your skimmer > output piping . :peace:

Didn't read through everything but I just want to share something with you all. Actually my tank is going through 24hr water change cause I cant seem to stop a small leak from my skimmer output pipe. Tried everything from seal tape to glue to even parafilm!!!! Maybe that's why I do not have any algae growing in my tank :unsure:

Off topic but one word for you: epoxy.

B)

I'm going to redo the piping to direct the flow to my growout tank this weekend :lol:

And I don't really like epoxies cause they are quite unsightly

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

Something I would like to share here abt water changes from an article I read before.Weekly water changes of abt 20-30% do bring benefits but it will come to a point of equilibrium(called PE), where any increase in water changes will not further reduce the pollutants in the tank.Then to reduce or totally remove the pollutants a 100% water change is required.I am not advocating not carrying out weekly water changes but something to think about.

• SRC Member
Something I would like to share here abt water changes from an article I read before.Weekly water changes of abt 20-30% do bring benefits but it will come to a point of equilibrium(called PE), where any increase in water changes will not further reduce the pollutants in the tank.Then to reduce or totally remove the pollutants a 100% water change is required.I am not advocating not carrying out weekly water changes but something to think about.

Ummm, explain pls. How can water change no longer be effective if pollutants are constantly being produced every day by LS?

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member
How can water change no longer be effective if pollutants are constantly being produced every day by LS?

Kinda difficult to explain here because the article was written after many experiments and I read it quite a long time ago.Briefly, they measured the amount of pollutants from diffferent tanks of all kinds of setup( empty, fsih only,FOWLR and reef) in varying amounts of water changes conducted weekly.From the data, they plotted graphs for the different tanks.All of the graphs had a common trait, i.e the point of equilibrium.This is where any furtrher amount of water changes(except 100% change) will not reduce the amount of pollutants in the tank.I know this is hard to believe(for me too) but like I said it was from an article.What made me to share this is that many of us find that in spite of all the water changes we do, something is not right.And this might help in understanding the problems.