Ti Heat Exchanger

weisoon

• SRC Member

Reefers who are interested in making your own chiller should consider this Ti Heat Exchanger. It is called ChillPak. The price for a 1 HP is $250. For a 1/4 HP is $120. 1/3 HP price is $130. For a 1/2 HP price is $150. The address to get from is:

Teck Hoe AirConditioning Parts Pte Ltd

6/8 Lorong 15 Geylang Road

Singapore 388601

Tel: 67478096

Mr Ray

Good luck to all who looking to DIY

Can Moderators pin this up. Thanks

post-9-1098360169.jpg

• SRC Member

Yes. PnP. Water inlet and outlet for the 1 HP accepts 32mm pipe. The brass connectors are standard. The well is also Ti to connect to temp controller. Other parts depends on requirements like expansion valve, access valve, contactor etc. Fool proof.

Reefers who are interested in making your own chiller should consider this Ti Heat Exchanger. It is called ChillPak. The price for a 1 HP is $250. For a 1/4 HP is $120. 1/3 HP price is $130. For a 1/2 HP price is $150. The address to get from is:

Singapore 388601

Mr Ray

Hi

How is this thing works? zero knowlede of this chiller stuff, can briefly explain?

Thanks

Charlie

• SRC Member

seen the artica chiller? Same type of connection. Basically a rubber gourmet where you insert the pipe in and then insert the whole pipe+rubber gourmet and tighten the socket. Tightening the socket will 'bite' the rubber onto the pipe and thus preventing leaking.

Just how does this work... Works like a normal chiller or do i have connect to something else??? Is it safe???

this is a Ti heat exchanger which is only 1 of the many impt components to a chilling unit. u will still need a compressor, condenser, condenser fan, TXV, RD, thermostat controller, etc. to complete the whole system.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Singapore 388601

Mr Ray

Actually I think this is more like a sample cooler design - more for cooling down a slow flow of hot liquid (example a sample) through the small titanium tubing coiling inside the container and the bigger pipe is for running seawater or raw water so as to transfer the heat from the titanium tube to the seawater/raw water.

You can use a refrigerant to run the titanium tube side for cooling down our seawater but you will still need a compressor, expansion valves, fans for cooling and circulating the refrigerant.

Eric

• 8 months later...
hmmm i was thinking... if this thing act as a heat exchanger.. so it should be working like how a cooling tower works rite ???

a cooling tower is a different thingy altogether. cooling towers r only for chilled water system...... effectively, it is working in the same principle as a condenser.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

a cooling tower is a different thingy altogether. cooling towers r only for chilled water system...... effectively, it is working in the same principle as a condenser.

hmm say if water supply entering the brass inlet and exiting the brass oulet has a temperture lower than the water entering and exiting the pvc inlet and oulet.. heat tranfer will be from the water ( tank's water/pvc side ) to the water at the brass side.. am i right to saythat???

sorry for my poor english ... but i think still understandable.. :P

cheers :D

hmm say if water supply entering the brass inlet and exiting the brass oulet has a temperture lower than the water entering and exiting the pvc inlet and oulet.. heat tranfer will be from the water ( tank's water/pvc side ) to the water at the brass side.. am i right to saythat???

sorry for my poor english ... but i think still understandable.. :P

tank water enter/exit via pvc inlet/outlet thru a titanium coil. refrigerant flows via brass connectors inlet/outlet. the vast difference in temp will chill down ur water.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

tank water enter/exit via pvc inlet/outlet thru a titanium coil. refrigerant flows via brass connectors inlet/outlet. the vast difference in temp will chill down ur water.

hi bro ..

yap i understand the concept in the usage of the heat exchanger.. but if say i only need to maintain tank water temperture at 26degree.and current tank water temperture is 28 degree and.. water entering and exiting from the brass say is 23 degree.. therefore i would be able to transfer heat from the tank rite ?? say achieve somewhere at 25 ~ 27 degree? :) hmm well just thinking only.. hehe also not forgetting other factors like the flowrate, heat exchanger size and speed of maintian the water teperture at the brass loop side...

from wat i know.. the usage of reg is for cooling temperture til quite low say single digit number temp.. and also for the speed of cooling.....

:D

there is no water supply entering the brass inlet and exiting the brass oulet. there is only refrigerant flow.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
most big tanks in malaysia now is using this, external compressor with heat exchanger.very efficient

no noise

no heat

and very efficient

i think u can ask someone to help rig up this to an external air-con compressor, shouldn't be much of a problem... then pipe in ur water into the reservoir to get chilled...

oh yah and of course get the temperature controller...

One thing though... will the constant turning on and off of the compressor cause problems? I remember many years back they always tell us to wait 1/2 an hour before turning on the air-con again after it's just been turned off..