Starting a biz and website

Nickel

• SRC Member

Hi bros, sis, friends and countrymen/women :

After my saga which leads to my selling of my 5ft tank setup, probably house/any other little bit of luxuries, am seriously thinking to start my own simple work-from-home business.

I need advise as to :

1. Do I need a licence to conduct a biz out of home ? Biz such as property agent, biz consultancy, headhunting (for jobs fo course) etc? What are cost involved ?

2. How do I register a website and what are the startup and running cost involved ?

3. How about bank accounts ? Need to tie to company ?

Any advise and sharing of experience of what are the pitfalls and considerations will be very much appreciated.

Note : Any good ideas (above board, legitimate business only considered :angel: ) for partnership, you can PM (secret discusions :fear::ph34r: ) me. Wacky ideas prefered. :lol:

More good years and a better, self-managed life !! ;)

• SRC Member

dun want to give you unneccessary comments as after 7 years running my own business, i'm still learning things every day... :paiseh:

anyway, to answer your question....

1) you need to check with HDB is you are running a home business and you stay in HDB...other then that normal registration with Acra will do. But do check which trade are in as some would require more license from other gov body...

2) to register a website you need a DNS or web address first. you can register your own with SingNet....or other SGNIC provider...registering DNS will give you are name only. You will need to find someone to host the server...etc for you....it depends on the type of provider and service you looking for, you can see SingNet, Webvision and a whole lot of providers for more information....

3) if you are a partnership or sole propriator, you own bank account will do...if not you will need to get a corporate account (but you will have to provide them with memoradum of ???? - something....can't remember)....

can't advise on pitfalls or anything as every business is different....someone's problems might be others opportunitly....

Hi,

If you want to conduct biz at home, u need to apply to HDB for approval. I think the fee $20 and can pay online using a Credit card.

As for website registration, if you are into e-biz, there are many companies doing the full packages for you, webiste set up, web address, e-cert, shopping cart..... compare prices and get a reliable one...

As for partnership... well, entrepreneurship is all about passion ... not everyone's cup of tea... ;)

Jus my 2ct.

• SRC Member
Hi,

If you want to conduct biz at home, u need to apply to HDB for approval. I think the fee $20 and can pay online using a Credit card.

As for website registration, if you are into e-biz, there are many companies doing the full packages for you, webiste set up, web address, e-cert, shopping cart..... compare prices and get a reliable one...

As for partnership... well, entrepreneurship is all about passion ... not everyone's cup of tea... ;)

Jus my 2ct.

peh.....you still reading the site!!!!

how about the coffee that we planned????? us entrepreneur should do a small gathering one of these day.... :D

Since u all are entrepreneurs . does anyone know any company that provides flyer distribution ?

Ha ha.. yes, still surfing to get away from boredom... always got drama in SRC..

Yes, should have coffee soon... me busy working on another setup... this weekend shld be gd... too many ideas to execute liao..

• SRC Member
Yes, should have coffee soon... me busy working on another setup... this weekend shld be gd... too many ideas to execute liao..

how many companies you started already????..... :whistle

anyway, must meet up soon to tell me some of your advantures....me also have some new stories to tell.... :P

• SRC Member
Since u all are entrepreneurs . does anyone know any company that provides flyer distribution ?

Hi, I came across flyers distributors. Let me go see if I can get the contacts again.

Hi all, thanks for info and leads to start the process of setting up biz. Good help.

Will check up on the ACRA.

Thanks.

• SRC Member

Wow, so many entrepreneurs here. Glad to have started this thread and maybe ends up with a gathering of great minds. :lol: Think should proceed to kopi session (when I got chance to stay put and not travel so frequent). Who knows we may form a value-chain of suppliers between us ! :lol:

I mised the franchise exhibition last month (?) in Singapore Exhibition Hall due to work travel. Anyone been there and get some bright lobangs ? :idea:

Maybe do it over kopi. Caffine and lobangs keeps our mind awake.

• SRC Member

U didn't count me in to give you some advise ? Haa Haa I am late sorry :P

OK Lets think something we could do together and have more time to play golf and reefing :) May be consulting firm :)

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

i m in too........ :P but i dunno what i can contribute :pinch: joz gotten sick and tired working in the engineering field........ so many projects...... so many headaches........ :(

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
U didn't count me in to give you some advise ? Haa Haa I am late sorry :P

OK Lets think something we could do together and have more time to play golf and reefing :) May be consulting firm :)

Hi Min, business consultancy is what I am seriously exploring. Well you can't fualt a consultant's advise right ? It is always 'follow at your own risk' :angel::lol::(B)

Been there, Done that : ran MNC companies, turnaround/restructuring companies, negotiated multi-million $ deals.........but now still have problem setting up my laptop. :paiseh: Too high-tech for me. (now where is the IT guy gone to ??)

Meanwhile, we should take some of to think. How about organise a golf trip to develop our relationship first eh ? Think can easily form few flights. :yeah::yeah:

• SRC Member
Wow, so many entrepreneurs here. Glad to have started this thread and maybe ends up with a gathering of great minds. :lol: Think should proceed to kopi session (when I got chance to stay put and not travel so frequent). Who knows we may form a value-chain of suppliers between us ! :lol:

I mised the franchise exhibition last month (?) in Singapore Exhibition Hall due to work travel. Anyone been there and get some bright lobangs ? :idea:

Maybe do it over kopi. Caffine and lobangs keeps our mind awake.

fish feed from Japan !

Ice balls ( tiny ones) churning machine !

Sam's pet shop !

I went to the exhibition last year, was eyeing for some kind of food biz eg.old changkee but didn't really materialise as the market is too competitive and furthermore the franschise license is only open to location out of singapore.

Met my old NS friend whom operate a franschisin consultancy biz. He is my buddy in the army - pretty close.

Time to brainstorm :P

cheers.