Upgraded Reef - 2ft to 3ft

Jimng

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
too much corals already too ugly.. must release some to me.. haha joking..

very nice but abit difficult to view ur sps IMHO..

Actually i agree wif u bro, my sps were all at the top area and they are on flat rock, the ones in front actually block those behind....not much space for them to grow out too....i will aim for more depth and slope for them when i change tank, not so soon though......maybe a few years down the road.

Thanks for the frank comment, appreciate it... :lol:

• SRC Member

Jim,

Tank looking good. Very packed too. You lose a lot of viewing pleasure of the SPS with them all stacked so high up. Time to prioritise. :lol::lol:

I'm still amaze with the colours you are getting with 150W. :shock:

Well done bro.

• SRC Member
Jim,

Tank looking good. Very packed too. You lose a lot of viewing pleasure of the SPS with them all stacked so high up. Time to prioritise. :lol::lol:

I'm still amaze with the colours you are getting with 150W. :shock:

Well done bro.

Thanks for the kind words bro, i will probably place them lower only if i move to 250W or 400W MH.....but will need to do major rescaping also......wont do it too soon as everything is stable with the current tank... :lol:

:evil: ...i'm thinking of shifting house again 3-5 years later........then start another new project.... ;)

• SRC Member

You got a full house bro ...... and nice red mushie ....... BTW never see you around in LFS these days. Maybe more quality stuff from fellow reefer than buying them off from LFS !

How big is your rainbow monti now ? cant visualise the size ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

Any new updates on your tank? Kind of miss your posts. :D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
You got a full house bro ...... and nice red mushie ....... BTW never see you around in LFS these days. Maybe more quality stuff from fellow reefer than buying them off from LFS !

How big is your rainbow monti now ? cant visualise the size ...

Yes bro, pretty full liao, i cannot put in colony already so even if i buy, i will need to snap them into frags and stick em around... :lol:

Definitely, stuffs from bros here are stabilised and quality ones....i still go LFSing but mainly browsing for unique stuffs....this is one part of this hobby i really enjoyed so cannot miss this out.... :evil:

The rainbow monti in the pics is around 3inch wide and 2inch ht already....growing pretty fast, once it encrust onto the wall, i may snap it off and let those encrusted onto the wall to continue spreading.... :P