• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

hm...maybe someone can respond to my quest here

i've circled out 3 places i'd like to put the sea fan

left most is under cover in shade....current would rate moderate

rite top current super strong but lights also super strong that's y the rocks r so red

rite bottom flow rated high moderate cos sand keeps displacing from that area and lights also medium

which one suitable?

post-34-1103383027.jpg

• SRC Member
:idea: just one curious question:

one step back, how did you arrive at the brand of salt to use. does the brand really matters .... for a tank like yours (so big).

:thanks:

thomas

we choose our salt usually by the quality of the salt...as in the amount of calcium, dkh and stuff it contains....after dissolving , is the calcium, dkh, ph etc. levels correct....do a search...u can find out more

just my 2 cents :peace::peace:

• SRC Member

season water?

neve heard of it

salt is the wae for most of us

wat brand of salt to use is that wat u're asking lizard44?

well, i used coral life for this set up because i needed alot of salt and coral life offered this and its cheap

but for top ups, i use marine environment salt

tropic marine and coral life are also gd brands to use

• SRC Member

Did you rescape ? Believe a 6 ft tank can be much easier to scape and can have lotsa configuration.

Managed to find out who is the lass that took you breath away?

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
Did you rescape ? Believe a 6 ft tank can be much easier to scape and can have lotsa configuration.

Managed to find out who is the lass that took you breath away?

frankly, i dun care bout the rock scape cos my idea is use lots of corals then cover up the rocks and my rocks i dun wan them to lean on the glass so to prevent them from falling...i stack alot of them in a very tight and stable configuration very much like brickwalls

NO...i never manage to find out who is that girl i saw on that fateful dae at reborn.............

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

i need some help here

my kh is very low every time i check at the end of the week

i alwaes boost it up to 9 or 10 and wen i come bak it drops to 7 at the end of the week

could it be that my clams and the rapid growth of coralline is causing this rapid drop??

• SRC Member

Can use aragonite sand, that'll help you buffer.

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Must be fun.....good to know the frogspawn doing well

4x2x2 Tank Thread