I'm going to Israel this Sat for 2 weeks

yuji

• SRC Member

Wow... it's a solid place!!! went there in June this yr...

enjoy yourself... maybe can get some miracle mud.. hehe...

• SRC Member

You will be safe ;) I have been there 3 times, the last 2 times just my wife & myself. We drive, walk, take bus, went to Hebron (supposed to be very dangerous), desert/wilderness tour, tour around the new city of Jerusalem @ midnight and even see the aftermath of the Jerusalem's Jaffa road bombing site (@ a week before we reached). We stayed in those cheap lodgings as the cost of living is VERY HIGH :o

There are more people died in traffic accident than terrorist's attack. The drivers are SUPER impatient. :(

Bring warmth clothing as it should be wet. Forget @ marine, buy souvenir and books. Everytime I went, I bought 2 full big briefcase of books & souvenir. :lol:

Be prepared to be slaughtered as tourist, unless you bargain HARD ;)

Pay attention to the culture, the Jewish fringe on their clothing, their side-burn, the door post, their prayer garment, the holy city Jerusalem, the Western Wall and the tunnel beneath and your reading of the OT will not be the same anymore. :rolleyes:

Even if the weather is very cold, you should not skip DEAD SEA as the experience is fun and the effect of the mineral on your skin is superb. Bring sandal as the floor is rocky :rolleyes:

Just be careful of petty crime in the Arab sector of the old city. :nc:

• SRC Member

Enjoy ur trip! A place worth site seeing. if u using digi cam, bring lots of memory cards cos sure not eunf. i took more than 1500 pics with a week. enjoy the clear blue sky!!! :lol::yeah:

no marine stuffs there, cos they only got river water. sea of galilee....tons of catfishes! n BIG!!!! too bad i dun hv fishing rods, cos my hotel is juz in front of the sea of galilee!!! ;):(

can get souveniers like cups, hats...etc....if can, get their limestones back. :fear:

u going in a tour? u'll enjoy lots. if u got program to stay in dessert, lagi good! enjoy the stars n can bring back some dessert snails' shells. oh yes, while swimming the dead sea (dun even dip ur eyes in the water), do go for the sulphur pool too. can only soak for 20mins hor! n very hot water..... :pinch:

nevertheless, enjoy urself! if u didnt take enuf pics, i burn 1 n pass it to u. :D

• SRC Member

Whatever you do... don't dive into the dead sea... keep your eyes over the water or you'll get swollen eyes!!! :lol::blink:

• SRC Member

Thanks guys! Wah, sounds like alot of you have been to Israel. My dad's leading a tour there so I'm just tagging along. Hee.. I hope I don't need body armour though. :P

I'll be bringing my laptop over so no probs with the pictures. Just download and shoot more. :D

:thanks: for all the invaluable advices!