Tried many ways but still fail to control the cyno

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless,

Nutrient control is key to checking rampaging nuisance algae in its tracks. However if its highly photosynthetic, then you will have more trouble getting rid of it.

You can try a lawnmover blenny if its short turf algae.

What's your salinity and PH levels?

Regardless,

Nutrient control is key to checking rampaging nuisance algae in its tracks. However if its highly photosynthetic, then you will have more trouble getting rid of it.

You can try a lawnmover blenny if its short turf algae.

What's your salinity and PH levels?

salinity=1.024

PH levels=8.5

ya, it dosent look like cynao to me too.. looks more like hair algae.....

looks bad leh bro..... can understand your frustration. I had cyano algae in my old nano tank before, and it got so much on my nerves that i took out the LR to scrub every day. However, in the end, rowaphos took care of it.

Dunno how to help you also, all the gurus here have given so much advice. Maybe when you buy your Aqua C skimmer, it'll get better? Good luck! :)

looks bad leh bro..... can understand your frustration. I had cyano algae in my old nano tank before, and it got so much on my nerves that i took out the LR to scrub every day. However, in the end, rowaphos took care of it.

Dunno how to help you also, all the gurus here have given so much advice. Maybe when you buy your Aqua C skimmer, it'll get better? Good luck! :)

Tkx......but not so soon...maybe subsuite it with my weipro for the time being :thanks:

• SRC Member
BUt i am doing30% water change thrice a week ...i suspect is my salt...cous i jus tried out this new brand and it led to so many :sick:

Sorry if I sound corny but what brand of salt did you use? Care to share so that we won't get this horrible stuff. ;)

Sorry if I sound corny but what brand of salt did you use? Care to share so that we won't get this horrible stuff. ;)

Rainbow.they said wad german quality and the LFS asked me to give it a try , so i try ...all the while , i have been using Corallife.

Anw,just got my skimmer done midnight and tune it to the wet mood......yellowish

skimmate was produced after 1/2Hr but till now, no more skimd bleachemate already..

also did a current blow to all the LR's and the (duno call) algale /hair algale all make the tank cloudy....COus of that, 1 of my extoic yuma had bleach and i think its melting away :(

Also took out all my ployfilter from myr sump and threw them away ..Did a 20% water change and add new SW using the same brand of salt

Intend not to use my MH for the time being ,switch on only my PL light and my antinic....

HOpe the chocolate :sick: will clear off..... :cry2: