cleaner crew to recomend for reef only tank...

• SRC Member

hi guys, can recomend me so reef safe (and caroline algeasafe hopefully) cleaner crew??? i heard that some starfish/hermitand even snail are not so reef safe (or coraline algea safe) is there anythings that i can keep to eat not only those hair/brown algea and the same time, those detritus, microalgae and tiny stuff in/on my sand bed?? i'm thinking to keep to keep some small snail & star fish, care to recomend?? thank's in advance...

• SRC Member

Trochus snails that you can get from LFS are great for eating algae, although you might find them big. Hermits are cute, they clean the rocks very well so I can over-feed without dirtying the tank because they will scramble everywhere looking for food, but they do attack my snail when hungry. I have noticed that I get less microfauna after adding hermits and I no longer have any small snails even though they keep spawning.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
Well, most of the bristleworms that you want to get rid of do those things.

:blink: ..... luckly i did'nt get them out.... <_< .... i heard hermit crab sometimes eat caroline algea .... which hermit is better then?? those blue leg or red legs??? shrimps?? too ex leh.... btw, where can i get Trochus snails?? i've been searching it for very long already, i've found the picture of a Trochus snails, izzit look something like this??