Hang on Skimmer

FelixSu

• SRC Member

I have a Jebo hang on skimmer, venturi action. however, the returned water has far too many mini bubbles, thus the main tank gets quite unsightly.

should i fill water until the water return ramp is partially submerged or is there any other way to prevent the bubbles?

are mini bubbles detrimental to the health of a tank?

I used to have such problems too..

Raising the water level of your water till the return ramp is partially submerged won't help. You'll still get the micro bubbles.

Besides using wool to cover up the return pipe, what you can do is to route the output of the return pipe further away from the return pump, so by the time the bubbles reaches the return pump its already gone (thats what i did).

Otherwise "surround" the water by compartmentialising using filter wool in your sump... it helps when done correctly.

If still got, kiasu do all three... sure can minimise one...

I guess not much problems with bubbles on main tank, except if you keep corals like sponge. They will most probably rot and die if you never get rid of the bubbles that was trapped in it.

Just my 3 cents.