The Return of a new tank!

ReDDeviLs

• SRC Supporter

hello guys! im working my way back to the hobby!

so firstly i need you guys to help and advise me alittle..

trying to start off as a newbie here again :P

ok anyway now im considering between a tank

3x2x2.5 with sump 3x2x1.5 = 150 UK Gallon = 675L

or

3x2.5x2.5 with sump 3x2x1.5 = 172.85 UK Gallon = 778L

The difference between them is about 100L

i hope to use a 1X250W MH with some help of T5s going onto LPS softies.. and maybe only afew SPS in future..

another thing is i hope i can get a chiller, A resun CL650 or an Atman chiller that cost afew hundred bucks that can cool the tank.

I would love to have a bigger tank of course but my concern is can the tank be cooled with these cheaper chillers? and also are the lightings be ample for the corals that i will be keeping?

Thanks in advance! :D:P

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

bro your volume quite alot leh. i think u should try to get a 1hp chiller instead of a 0.5hp one... besides your mh, u may wana supplement with T5s. especially if u wan to go sps in the future. 250w 10000k would be whitish, and maybe yellowish too. unless u use a 14000k (hamilton/pheonix). At that length i suppose u must use a SE bulb? Then again mabbe Dr Evil's DE fittings can allow u to stretch a 250W DE over that kinda dimension....

So i tink when u add t5s + volume of water + some powerheads = i think 0.5hp might be insufficient. It might be sufficient but will run longer. Personally i hate the exhaust from e chiller, rather cut running time :)

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11