Purple Tang

Just bought one pitiful purple tang from the store. Her colour has faded and I believe she has been staying there for about 2 wks. Maybe when ppl see her in this state, not interested to buy her back. Anyone can advise me what has happened to her? The faded colour is it due to the water? She looks fine and eating well. Hopefully I can restore back her beautiful colour!! Pls help! :(

Just heard from someone who has done some experiment. Addition of phosphates into marine tanks actually caused the color of the fish to fade. Not sure how true is this. But I guess there would'nt be any harm in removing excess phosphates anyway. So why not? Help to reduce algae growth too.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Just bought one pitiful purple tang from the store. Her colour has faded and I believe she has been staying there for about 2 wks. Maybe when ppl see her in this state, not interested to buy her back. Anyone can advise me what has happened to her? The faded colour is it due to the water? She looks fine and eating well. Hopefully I can restore back her beautiful colour!! Pls help!  :(

mmm mine remain dark purple in colour with me for pass 9months

post-8-1062382425.jpg