driving centre or private

coralife

I am interested to get a class 3 driving licence. I do not know whether which is best. Private or driving centre. Which training centre had the most passing rate ?. I have already obtain my basic theory. I am willingly to spend up to 2k. If private, any instructor to recommend. Another question is that If i buy a car and temporary register under my brother name, am i able to change back to my name and what is the cost for transfer?Please give advise

I gone thru school ......final theory one time pass.....got my licence about 2K, had many lessons...wanted to make sure (but must 1 time, best take ard Chinese NEw Year...I did....2 days before new year)

Tester blah blah blah...scold scold a bit and tell me he should fail me...then said 'Happy Chinese New Year and drive safely' to me..... :whistle

Yio Chu Kang's Driving Centre ;)

• SRC Member

the only thing good about a driving school is dat you will be able to take ur practical test very soon...

the private ones have a long waiting list...abt 9 mths if i'm not wrong...

but of couse the downside is the $$$ lah...

:lol:

• SRC Member

im on the verge of completing my driving.. at BBDC.. left 3 more practicals and i've not hit 1K actually.. :rolleyes: actually i've only spent $570 to be exact.. really depends on your experience on the road and how confident u are la.. for me, because i've been riding for awhile so it's not so worrying for me to be on the road in a metal ENCLOSURE :angel:

another thing if u're going thru sch, u need the right instructor.. for me, i think my instructor was rather good.. fixed one la.. if any1 want's his name and the code number or whatever number u call it can PM me.. BUT i never confirm he's that damn good la.. well at least to me he is... :rolleyes:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

shiraz baby!!!

long time no see....we should meet for kopi again with ming and the rest!

anyway...for driving school...try to avoid Comfort driving sch....that bloody place got the hardest test routes due to the heavy flow of vehiles(especially lorries and trucks!!!)...make me take the test twice to pass!

BBDC is a good choice....light flow of vehiles and wide roads!

• SRC Member
shiraz baby!!!

:ph34r:

ahhaha u la vanish for so long never see you for i think 2 years arh.. right or not.. :P

ya ya should meet up again but im tearing down my tank now.. wanna... UPGRADE! :evil:

:off: liao la!

ahhaha

anyway ya don't take at CDC my friend cannot pass his TP test even though it's the 7th time he's taking it there! but he took private la.. don't know if that was the main cause...

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member
How about the final theory? It's easier to pass in driving centre or just book the test ourself? Is 2K enough to cover the course in driving centre.

u r onli getting an earlier date if u r from sch that's all...

pass a not depends on whether u study a not wat....

• SRC Member
u r onli getting an earlier date if u r from sch that's all...

that is basically the onli advantage of joining the driving school...

u'll have the chance to get your license earlier...

even if u fail,the re-test date is definitely earlier compared to a private student..

• SRC Member

If you know how to ride or drive already, i think private is for you. i dun think private need to wait so long anymore. In my days, rivate take up till 9 months like some reefers mention. but now i think only 3-4 months.

I took sch the other time and i think its a waste of money. eg..Even though i have already been changing lane for the pass few lesson, i still haven't pass that subject in the booklet.(Same instructor). When i ask why i cannot pass that subject, he replied that they have their own house rules on the maximun number of subject a student can pass on each visit.

But they do have a good system to train.

Simply put:

SCHOOL = MORE $$$$ = Lesser waiting time if you clear all the lessons

PRIVATE = SAVE $$$$ = schedule for test--> longer wait.

Chances (%) of Passing --> its all up to YOU.

I went thru school..passed in 3 months. (1 time)

My younger bro took 6 months to pass (1 time)

But YZF is right...school tend to be more thorough.... then again..if you meet lousy instructors ....still the same lah