Electric Box. Pics Of Setup And Wiring.

planetg

• SRC Member

Thinking of using those Hager boxes or some other boxes posted by fellow reefers.

I remember seeing some ideas and excellent setups b4 the forums crashed.

Would it be better cos I'll be running

a. 2x250W Iwasakis

b. 2x54W T5 Actinic Plus

c. H&S Skimmer

d. Return Pump

e. Circulation Pump

f. Calcium Reactor (in future)

g. Chiller

and i hate all those wires all over the place. I also heard abt problems when it comes to cleaning up equipment.

Please comment.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

I thought someone used to help set up these boxes?

I would also like to know about it man... I quite tired of all the wires going everywhere.. but risky to try considering all the AC going in..

I got electric shocked TWICE doing my DIY auto-top up man... bleah... painful stuff...

• SRC Member

They make the wirings neater but things kept me back:

1. Cost - the timers alone will be at least S$35 each and the on/off switches will be cheaper but not sure of the price.

2. Was told by one shop in SLT that these slim and nice models don't last and the bulkier ones by the same makers are better. But these do not fit nicely into the electrical boxes.... :(

FYI.

• SRC Member
They make the wirings neater but things kept me back:

1. Cost - the timers alone will be at least S$35 each and the on/off switches will be cheaper but not sure of the price.

2. Was told by one shop in SLT that these slim and nice models don't last and the bulkier ones by the same makers are better. But these do not fit nicely into the electrical boxes.... :(

FYI.

The end user will have to decide then .... :lol::lol:

I choose to use it ...... :D

Someone else also using this ... maybe he can comment .... ( Bro , De........ ???? )

• SRC Member

the timers are very sensitive to heat and will not work properly if they are placed too close to a heat source (eg. chiller) or in a poorly ventilated area. That's what happened in my case. Have to relocate the timer box....... :erm:

• SRC Member

There are actually 4 type of timers under this analog catergory (hager brand).

1) Model EH010 - single module w/o auto timing, so when power failure have to reset the timing. Cheapest of all ($33-$35)

2) Model EH011 - single module with auto timing. ($43-45)

3) Model EH110 - three module w/o auto timing.

4) Model EH111 - three module with auto timing.

But for sure using this timers will reduce the number of power points needed and also prevent any loose connection of your equipment when plug to those normal timer.

The three module takes up quite a lot of space in the control box and the price is around $60.

• SRC Member
the timers are very sensitive to heat and will not work properly if they are placed too close to a heat source (eg. chiller) or in a poorly ventilated area. That's what happened in my case. Have to relocate the timer box....... 

Has found the solution to the above problem, all timers under high load should be protected by a contactor to do the switching job to prevent such problem and also the life span especially the single module type.

• SRC Member

Hi Crab,

You can get it in most electrical shop in SLT/Kelantan lane. The one I'm using is a Hagar 8way box. They all comes with a rectangle opening for your MCB/timer, 1 earth bar and 1 neutral bar. The price vary in many places, but should not exceed $36.

• SRC Member
There are actually 4 type of timers under this analog catergory (hager brand).

1) Model EH010 - single module w/o auto timing, so when power failure have to reset the timing. Cheapest of all ($33-$35)

2) Model EH011 - single module with auto timing. ($43-45)

3) Model EH110 - three module w/o auto timing.

4) Model EH111 - three module with auto timing.

But for sure using this timers will reduce the number of power points needed and also prevent any loose connection of your equipment when plug to those normal timer.

The three module takes up quite a lot of space in the control box and the price is around $60.

the timers are very sensitive to heat and will not work properly if they are placed too close to a heat source (eg. chiller) or in a poorly ventilated area. That's what happened in my case. Have to relocate the timer box.......
Most of the timer, especially the single module are very sensitive to high load when the ambient temperature is high. So when use with 2 x 250w MH or higher, it should be place to somewhere with ambient temperature below 28degree. Alternative, is to use the 3 module type.

Will show some pic tonight.

bro ,

think i gotten my timer less than 40 .... :huh: