Cleaner Shrimp

Power Blue

• SRC Member

Just discovered million of babies CS all over my 3 fts tank in the dark. Sucessfully relocate almost 90% to my sump tank. Just wondering were these babies survive? Notice my sun coral and prata extender their tentacles almost 1 inch long. too bad don't have a digital camera ready. Anyone, had sucessfully keep and grow theses babies? Were they survive in my sump tank with full of algae and some LR? :bow:

Your corals extended their polyps because they tried to eat ya little babies. :blink:

You can try keeping them in your sump tank and dosing phytoplankton everyday. If they do pull through you can message me. I would love to buy some! :P

I like things that are small. :D

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
Hi Fuel,

The phytoplankton are you referring to those green colors where water circle sell? If yes, just added about 10 mL. If 50% can survive, no problem giving you some. :lol:

hmm that would be 500000 baby shrimps. not bad not bad.. profitable :)

fuel : :blink:

• SRC Member

Hey hey hey...

Not for feeding OK. If they can survive through the stage, I don't mine given away. I am sure their parent are happy to see them grow, but no feeding please. Maybe two months later, contacting you guys for self collection. :D

Hey Fuel,

How long you been keeping pipefish? What you use to feed them? :off:

• SRC Member
Hey hey hey...

Not for feeding OK. If they can survive through the stage, I don't mine given away. I am sure their parent are happy to see them grow, but no feeding please. Maybe two months later, contacting you guys for self collection. :D

i also want the bb CS can? :D

• SRC Member
Hey hey hey...

Hey Fuel,

How long you been keeping pipefish? What you use to feed them? :off:

Hey ! Im interested.Don mind payn some for the CS.. :bow::bow::bow:

• SRC Member
Just discovered million of babies CS all over my 3 fts tank in the dark. Sucessfully relocate almost 90% to my sump tank. Just wondering were these babies survive? Notice my sun coral and prata extender their tentacles almost 1 inch long. too bad don't have a digital camera ready. Anyone, had sucessfully keep and grow theses babies? Were they survive in my sump tank with full of algae and some LR? :bow:

can take some pic of it n post .. wanna see how it looks like.

Yah man...i've also been having my 2 cleaner shrimps giving birth every few weeks when the nights are out...really a sight man. u see them scuttling their legs and out comes the babies...have been thinking of culturing them and selling too..haha...imagine if i can keep just 20% alive and upon them reaching adulthood, i'll be reach man!!! can support this hobby. but too much f a hassle also...gotta monitor when they give birth and separate them etc...argh. good food for my corals anyway...but the funny thing is i've got only 2 cleaner shrimps. so how do both get pregnant at the same time??

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• SRC Member
hey, i want some too.. or buy some too... count me in... :P

how you determine what ###### the cleaner shrimp ares?? :huh:

Theres no need to ###### them,just buy any 2.they are hermaphroditic meaning "ah gua" :D

both can produce eggs and sperm.they usually spawn after molting.

• SRC Member
ah gua.... :blink: err... ok...... :lol:

my tank only 2 ft, and 2 ocellaris clowns. Let the shrimps breed then my tank be self sufficient a not? dun need to feed on regular basis liao... :D

sorry ah, power blue use your thread.. :P

:blink::blink:

i lock you up in 1 room and put 1 chicken inside.you survive on the eggs alone can? :evil: