Setup traps for crabs

kokhui

• SRC Member

use a small round neck bottle, about a 3 to 4 inches tall.

put some shrimp meat or fish meat in it.

place the bottle on the sand bed in a position that the carb can get to it(next to a piece of rock or something), make sure ur fishes or shrimps dun get to it.

leave it over night.

should be able to get some crabs.

:lol:

• SRC Member

for me doesn't really work leh, most of the time either the cleaner shrimp grabs the meat or I catch my hermits...

So far the best method I've had was to actually pull out the rock that the crab is hiding in, then shake/tap/poke until the crab falls out... then the fate of the crab is up to you.. i just throw them into the fuge, never to be seen again...

• SRC Member

use essence of chicken bottle. use 2 to 3 rubber bands to make a cross or a star pattern across the opening of the bottle.

bury it diagonally into the sand bed,

the rubber bands are to prevent shrimps from getting the prawn meat, as their feelers cannot fit into the bottle due to the rubber bands.

crabs will crawl in, but its too slippery to climb out.

• SRC Member
use essence of chicken bottle. use 2 to 3 rubber bands to make a cross or a star pattern across the opening of the bottle.

bury it diagonally into the sand bed,

the rubber bands are to prevent shrimps from getting the prawn meat, as their feelers cannot fit into the bottle due to the rubber bands.

crabs will crawl in, but its too slippery to climb out.

Good idea!!! but wont stop the poor hermits