Any LFS selling live Mysis?

chinmo

• SRC Member

Yo Guys! any one know any LFS have live mysis for sale? or got lobang where to buy them? :huh: Been tied up with work, no time to go mysis fishing..... <_<

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member
Received enough orders, one retiring fisherman will catch for us.

i;m on.... provided the collection place not at farmart! :shock: nver have time to go down there..... <_< sorry abt todae bro... kinda tied up... :(

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

Central..... or somewhere easy to get to..... that way think more pple will pool orders ;)

• SRC Member

i'm onz.... just let me know where and when

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

heyz.,.,.

is mysis culture breed better than caught from sea

cus u duno wat they eat...

actuali i quite curious how u catch them..

but my camp there a lot lehz..

use helmet scoop only got ard 5-6 inside liaoz..

cus cant find anything to catch them..

they ard max. 1cm only haiz....

but my camp there a lot of oil one lehz..

how did they survive siaz....???

• SRC Member

These are SW shrimps (Shrimp sold in the market), in larvae stage. Food from the sea such as plankton. Size from 1 to 2 cm. I would probably choose Macritchie Reservoir carpark as the collection point. Saying " me too" is not enough. Please PM your mobile to me. Once available, will sms you. Time either Sat evening or Sunday morning.

My motive: Pamper the seahorses ocassionally. Monetary gain zero. Solely to help a retired fisherman to make ends meet.

Cheer!

btw i've noticed some pods(i think!) breeding in my refugium... dun looked like amphipods at all... but they ranged from 1mm to 3mm+... whold body is clear but it's guts can be seen easily.... many pairs of long fine legs along the entire edge of body, with a pair of very active antennas on both ends waving about & keep crawling on the sides of tank. can someone advice wad is it? looks awefully like isopods... are they parasites? looks alot like miniature "searoaches".... help help! :bow:

• SRC Member

the first pic is an amphipod.... the second is a Gammarus...... both algae eaters and are gd treats for SH! :evil:

Hi Jonathan543,

Does it look like these...... If found grinding on the aglae glass, probably herbivorous.

lolx... yes it looked exactly like the 1st one... heng sia... not parasites... heex... they really cleared up my refugium algae lor... there's a thin layer covering all over the sides of tank, but ever since i've sighted these guys, almost all of the algae had gone off liao! :thanks:

oh & the two marine shops @farmart had red & green algae in stock... bought 2reds & 1green.... :yeah:

sianz... dunno wan to keep sh again or not... damn sad sia to c sh waste away in my tank.... or should i go with the barbouris from lck110? they seemed to be eating frozen with no problems lei.... :) would anybody has info of sh other than tigertails in lfs pls sms @91452560 jonathan... :thanks::bow: