Xenia melting!!!!!

chinmo

• SRC Member

hi guys! need help here.... brought a white Xenia today at PRF, it look alrite and erect when i brought it, except that it ain't pulsing and the polps are close..... came hm less than half and hour... climate.... released.... looks alrite.... came hm from dinner.... the Xenia like ganna shot! not erect and start to tear liao......!

:cry: What happen! i had a brown Xenia doing great in the same tank! :)

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

okay..... my explanation sucks :lol: any hope of reviving this Xenia..... :cry:

post-71-1104593316.jpg

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

my brown xenia ..... got it not in very gd condition..... :P nw it's healthy and pulsing! and home to my percula! :lol:

post-71-1104593426.jpg

• SRC Member
hi guys! need help here.... brought a white Xenia today at PRF, it look alrite and erect when i brought it, except that it ain't pulsing and the polps are close..... came hm less than half and hour... climate.... released.... looks alrite.... came hm from dinner.... the Xenia like ganna shot! not erect and start to tear liao......!

:cry: What happen! i had a brown Xenia doing great in the same tank! :)

sorry for e confusion.... PRF stands for Pasir Ris Farm for me....paiseh paiseh..... :)

• SRC Member

They are very easy to keep in fact grow like weeds.. My 2 cents

But my point of view, specially Ph level plays a big part and medium flow rate is good.

For me i dose small amount of iodine weekly.

Best is to bring them out before it melt in your tank which may affect other corals like sps.

Ming ;)

• SRC Member
They are very easy to keep in fact grow like weeds.. My 2 cents

But my point of view, specially Ph level plays a big part and medium flow rate is good.

For me i dose small amount of iodine weekly.

Best is to bring them out before it melt in your tank which may affect other corals like sps.

Ming ;)

Check your KH too. White Xenia will melt is KH is low ;)

And what is your tank temp?

• SRC Member
Carbon will absorb iodine?

Iodine = trace elements mahz. and so carbon absorbs it too lor..

Stupid carbon..but i still like what it does.. :lol::lol:

But xenia definitely needs a lot of iodine. Best if you can use lugol's solution which is imo a highly potent iodine solution and drip considerately..

• SRC Member

Iodine = trace elements mahz. and so carbon absorbs it too lor..

Stupid carbon..but i still like what it does.. :lol::lol:

But xenia definitely needs a lot of iodine. Best if you can use lugol's solution which is imo a highly potent iodine solution and drip considerately..

The problem is Lugol solution is so expensive. Went to SL and the big bottle of Kent Lugol cost $30+.

Anyone knows of any cheap lobang for Lugol?

• SRC Member

Small money dont go big money dont come...

Lugol's solution I use sparingly. Expensive? Okie la.. depends on how you use it lor... Like i said use it sparingly and it lasts me 4 mths? thats quite long compared to the cheaper ones which i dose like quite a lot just to keep my corals happy??

Just my 2 cents worth... ;)

• SRC Member
:( the xenia beyond hope liao...... will try again next time.... :P

• SRC Member

i brought another pc of white xenia last sun... think this one will mke it.... only started to pulse today! :)