Expert advise needed! cyanrina flew off!!

RAV-65

• SRC Member

How about using superglue gel to stick it back to the skeleton?

:idea::idea::idea:

Like the way, we do for yuma and Ric, mushrom ..... etc. Might work leh! just glue 5 points of the fresh to the skeleton and the rest might decide to grow back to it.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I have no experience in cyanrina at all.....but would like to offer some views.

If the cyanrina is eating and expaning like nobody bussiness, GOOD. At least got chance of survial. PLEASE DON'T DON'T use any chemical to stick back the coral. It will only do more harm IMO. Imagine a coral in the wild with the same situation, what will happen? Either dead or alive. How to be alive without "help"? FOOD.

I think you have to nurse him back to health by FEEDING DAILY with little portion of good food you can offer him. Water parameters will be critical also in this delicated stage. Watch your calcium level closely.

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

Thanxs for all the suggestions! ;)

But tink I'll skip the superglue one!!

Maybe the flesh will really grow the calcium bone back... I dunno, only time will tell... but in my sump only PL light, less than one feet away... hopefully dat's goot enough... :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

I think maybe PL should be good enough for this case.....'cos it can derive most of it food requirement from your feeding. **therefore feed it with good food is critical for it to recover. Also remember calcium loh**

• SRC Member
Got some replies on RC... according to one reefer who has a similar experience, a new skeleton would be formed!!

Juz wonder how long it would take... :(

Place it on a piece of clear acrylic lah ... so that when the skeleton starts to form, you can see and document its progress from underneath ... :idea:

• SRC Member

hahaha.... I am seeing more innovative thinking....hahaha... But seriously I don't think placing in a clear acrylic will enable one to see the development.....b'cos of the algae growth ie coraline that will block the view in time to come. :D

• SRC Member
hahaha.... I am seeing more innovative thinking....hahaha... But seriously I don't think placing in a clear acrylic will enable one to see the development.....b'cos of the algae growth ie coraline that will block the view in time to come. :D

No lah ... I don't think so leh. The algae won't have much chance to grow because the inflated Cynarina will be blocking out the light ... right? :unsure:

Thanxs all for the suggestions!! Tink will leave it for the time being... I'm still not sure how the calcium ckeleton would ever grow again... but one thing sure, the fella is pretty much alive! And kickin!! :P

Now it's juz wait and see... :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Thanxs all for the suggestions!! Tink will leave it for the time being... I'm still not sure how the calcium ckeleton would ever grow again... but one thing sure, the fella is pretty much alive! And kickin!!

Now it's juz wait and see... 

Keep us posted okay..... maybe with some photo to show the progress. **at least U can take better picture than me :lol: **

• 5 months later...
  • SRC Member
Thanxs all for the suggestions!! Tink will leave it for the time being... I'm still not sure how the calcium ckeleton would ever grow again... but one thing sure, the fella is pretty much alive! And kickin!! :P

Now it's juz wait and see... :)

bRO,

SO WHAT THE oUtcOME??

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.