Return of the Reidi fries.....

chinmo

• SRC Member

some pics of 5 day old fries..... not much fries left though.... but they be stronger ;) hope these BOB fries made it to 2 mths old..... :look:

post-32-1105366577.jpg

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Also found lots of amphipods. Are you raising them in the sum and in green water. Sad to announce, all mine didn't made it. :cry2: Tempted by greed and putting too many in one holding. The last time I only had 5 in 60litres of water. this time 50 to 100 in the same holding competing for the same amount of food.

Best of luck to you chinmo........ :bow:

• SRC Member

point to note..... amphipods and gammarus are dangerous to fries esp the latter one.... i found the gamma muching on fries!

no green water method..... only when feeding time i pour a teaspoon of DT into the fishbowl, the bowl are in the sump. :) don't worry, once reidi starts breeding! they breed like rabbits! we'll have more chances to try raising! ;)

Thanks guys.... need all the luck i can get! hopefully some will made it to adults! :rolleyes:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

Yes! they are 1 week old today! :P have about 30 fries made it. any bros know how old reidi fries would be old enough to eat 48hrs old bbs? :huh:

post-32-1105505720.jpg

• SRC Member

Nice....

BB is quite large.... Don't know the fries have grown big enough for it yet.... another option is rotifers....

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

Yes! they are 1 week old today! :P have about 30 fries made it. any bros know how old reidi fries would be old enough to eat 48hrs old bbs? :huh:

Good luck bro! Good to see your zeal is coming back! :D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
Nice....

BB is quite large.... Don't know the fries have grown big enough for it yet.... another option is rotifers....

erm..... actually i tried rots... not very gd response.... tried bbs... response better... :)

• SRC Member

Good luck bro! Good to see your zeal is coming back! :D

Thanks bro! Hope all goes well :lol:

• SRC Member

Great news Chinmo,

If you de-cap BBS, it should be OK for 2 to 3 weeks. If not, normal hatched BBS after 24th hours would start developing its digestive system. All its embryoic nutrient would be used up end of 48th hour. So enriching it another 24 hours with HUFA & Vitamins (CoKent) would suring speed up fries growth. Rate of growm is almost 1mm/week.

• SRC Member

decapping easy? i tried decapping the bbs eggs, did not turn orange wor.... and after the bleaching, wash under running water alot of times, but still have bleach smell leh... :huh:

• SRC Member

ask before.... it comes in bulk packaging! don't think i'll ever used that much so fast, unless i running SH farm! :lol:

if i am not wrong aquaz got sell decapped bbs....but no idea of the nutritionl lvls leh...

Still missed those days we can get decapped ones from Say Meng.... Right bros? ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Still missed those days we can get decapped ones from Say Meng.... Right bros? ;)

oh, issit? i dun know wor..... i go try again later, add more bleach this time c how... ;)

• SRC Member

Some book said:

500cc of fresh water bubble with 2 teaspoon of BBS for 1 to 2 hours. Add 160cc of common bleach until it turn orange brown with in 10 to 15 min. Sieve out BBS and wash with running water. Add anti-chorine if needed. Hatch them ready then.......

• SRC Member

okie , Treid decapping just nw, nw c if they hatch tomolo.... :)

• SRC Member

Hey bro chris, u ever experience fries after a meal float more to the surface than before it's fed? a few were normal swimming, but after meal they seems not able to control swimming and floats! :shock:

• SRC Member

Gentlemen!

Dry decapsulated BBS cannot hatch for sure. Is only good for fish fries and not for Seahorse fries. Only decapsulated by bleaching, either refrigerated in saturated salt solution or refrigerated in dry condition. It can only survive 2 weeks maxi refrigerated.

• SRC Member

Bro chris, u remember when ur fries started to hitch? :huh: