Beckett 1408

Tanzy

• SRC Member

hi guys ,

can i join in the DIYing of the beckett skimmer too .... ( spade ?) need to know where you get your hardware fm ( hai cheong) , if can , a detailed pics of your PS ... thanks

dunno where to start with the parts ... so need to ask around ...

pple like phang and rrobt should be able to help us out too :rolleyes:

maybe can take a look at theirs first and learnt fm them the better way to do it :)

• SRC Member
hi guys ,

can i join in the DIYing of the beckett skimmer too .... ( spade ?) need to know where you get your hardware fm ( hai cheong) , if can , a detailed  pics of your PS ... thanks

dunno where to start with the parts ... so need to ask around ...

pple like phang and rrobt should be able to help us out too  :rolleyes:

maybe can take a look at theirs first and learnt fm them the better way to do it  :)

mv3i,

most of the parts u can use either acrylic (more exp) or pvc (cheaper :lol:) to do it. all these can be found in local shops, some of them also assemble for u (with charges of coz).

however the problem is the beckett nozzle, which u need to order outside s'pore. Amazon discon't and the other place that carry it contains 6pc in 1 pack, u would need someone to share with u. or someone can sell to u ?? i got mine from phang :D

the design is not finalised as i still need to get some measurements from HCheong this Sat

• SRC Member

yah , it's looks damn impressive and twin injector ..... men ... u got to be kidding me .... :o:o:o:o:o:o

anyway , can anyone help in sourcing for the parts/materials ...

btw , got another thread that has the diagram for a 1048 injector .... can comments ??

thanks ;)

• SRC Member

Hi Guys,

Been looking st Spades design for the skimmer,

Was wondering if a Union is used between the skimmer body and collection cup for easy removal and maintenance......... any comments..

The reducer from 6 to 3inches is pretty long... nearly 7 inches....so was thinking if a endcap...(something like the one used for robe's calacium reactor) is placed on the top end of the reaction chamber with a 4 inch hole drilled through the cap.... there, you weld the 4 inch union to the cap and attach a 4 inch clear PVC as the foam riserwhich is also welded to the collection cup...

The collection cup comprises of a 4 inch clear PVC with endcaps on both ends... the top end with a thread cover for easy maintenance...

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Je ne sais quoi...

C'est la vie.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• 9 months later...