tineng's 2 footer

tineng

KH 8

CA 380~400

NH4 = 0

No2 = 0

N03 = 0

Sal 1.025....:P

got my dimension wrong....its 2x1x1 ... only 10g....death is usally results of chiller break down or zoevit overdoes...in a way you are right....parameter can be kept good most of the time....but 10g is too little a volume so everything and anything affects its stability - lots of time i have to wake up in the middle of the night or rush home early from work to ensure things are working perfectly.....hopefully will have an easier time with a 100g tank...... :D

Yups... if you really want sps... go for bigger tank.. at that size very hard to maintain... cos not only good parameter is needed.. constantly good parameter throughout is a must

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

When there is a will there is a way bro. ;) Lots of committment needed especially keepin sps in nano. Bet ur new tank will look even better when fully stock up. :yeah: but maintenance will kill u :sick:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member

yeah, maintainence is killing me now....getting the hang of it as the last 3 month seeing lots of them coloring up....but the first 4 month was a lot of heart ache....:cry:

2 more months and my new setup should be ok to start taking in the SPS...lucky got zeovit and also cutivating a batch of dead rocks for close to 4 months already...:P, can short cut a little...:P

• SRC Member

no la....I would not be discourage....reason i bring out my dead SPS is to explore and see if other bros are having the same problem as me....high death rate among newly aquired SPS....DA is right in a matter of water parameter - small little things will throw it off course...but i also suspect it could also be my poor choice of selection on new SPS.....:P

for me it seems that those SPS with good polys extension (even the really brown ones) seems to stand a better chance then those without...but when it comes to cheong time, a lot of time you can see the poly extending....:(

• SRC Member

Ya bro, cheong time see nice colour and unique growth, grab already. :lol: Where got time to see polyps extend or not. Moreover the SPS just arrive sure stressed. Just check for RTN ###### 'flying tissue'.

Therefore the faster you get your new pieces home the better. One thing that I do, is to equate the temperature as most of the LFS water is super cold especially if they mix in some of the water from the shipment. The only other thing is hope and pray for it to settle down. :D:P Once it has acclimatised it should be ok. That's why the brown ones are more stable as they should have been here for some time already.