Maintenance of hammer

somebody

• SRC Member

oh ok... hmm.. thought there are more specific indications on my parameters. thanks man! cheers. hope they are thriving in my waters. can't wait to go home to check them out. ha

anyone, anymore comments on how to maintain the luminosity, and of course the health of my new coral =)

• SRC Member

My observation of hammer coral is that it is sort of a filter feeding coral. I have tried feeding hammer corals and the health deteriorate..... So the best bet here is like what diabolus says, keep your water quiality high.

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member
will try my best... haha :peace:

hmm... any tips on the setup of a refugium, feel like setting up one for my 2ft tank, a 2ft refugium. to run my weipro skimmer and have a refugium

any tips?

u can use coral sand till about 5 inchs....create a deep sand bed, if not u can also use miracle mud...but some people have both good and bad experiences....then buy some macro algae....u need to have strong lights, some macro algae will turn white and start to disintegrate if the light is not strong enough...and if they do that...it will in turn pollute your water

so strong lights for the macroalgae...and do prune off those sections that turn white

• SRC Member

how strong is strong lei? hmm.... was thinking of getting a small one just for the refugium can liaoz. haha.

what about other details of the sump? hmm.... any great recommendation on how i should "flow the sump", for my weipro, and refugium? many thanks!

• SRC Member
how strong is strong lei? hmm.... was thinking of getting a small one just for the refugium can liaoz. haha.

what about other details of the sump? hmm.... any great recommendation on how i should "flow the sump", for my weipro, and refugium? many thanks!

a good light will be those yellow lights you can get from Ikea.

there are those very bright but low power consumption types.

will be good for the fuge cos it will be on 24/7.