moon coral bleaching!!

borinz

• SRC Member

you may want to check your lighting and water parameter to confirm they are o.k

if all the rest of the coral are still doing well then could be others hidden problem

Is the coral still bloom currently? Add additive that require by the coral

if is lighting too bright move it to other place mentioned too by other reefer.

cheers

Moxa

• SRC Member

place the moon on the sand and give it alot of space to try out. Stop med if it does not work in the first place. try area not directly above strong lights like MH.

Your pic seems blur but i figure you had one of its sides against a rock izzit? their tentacles extend all round, so look at if this is wat started it to stress and fell ill.

• SRC Member
this coral has been in my tanks for months., but juz one night n my moon coral bleached by 1/3... wat is the cause? will it die eventually? can any expert advise??

CHeck your water parameters...................somewhere must be off specs...........

• SRC Member
update. the coral starts dying liao... but the bleaching has stopped after i dip in the Kent Marine Tech D solution. should i dip it in the solution again?

how to tell it's dying?

sigh my blasto also up the lorry... don't think there's a soltuion when this type of coral feel like dying.

Coral warfare? Or look at the surrounding areas for any foreign lifeforms like sponges etc. Some sponges in the process of growing will release chemicals that will cause nearby coral tissue to become stressed.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/