Anemone Manjano

Hi,

Found 2 anemone manjano in my tank today..any idea how to kill them off completely??? afraid it would move and sting my acropora... Tried cutting the head off but it grew back a new one!!!... my green star polyps also spreading like wild fire. anyway to stop that??? Thanks for all help...will appreciate them

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• SRC Member

If you scrapping them off, make sure you do it cleanly, else any left overs will turn into a new majano~!!! So if bits and pieces floats about, they might turn inot baby majano too~!! Treat it like aiptasia, best way is still to inject kalkwasser paste to its mouth and let itself swallow it down ;)

hi,

thanks for all help! inject it??? do u just use the syringe and just release the kalk paste over the anemone's mouth like u're doing a direct feeding to corals or do u need a needle and poke it into the mouth and then inject the kalk paste?

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• SRC Member
If you scrapping them off, make sure you do it cleanly, else any left overs will turn into a new majano~!!! So if bits and pieces floats about, they might turn inot baby majano too~!! Treat it like aiptasia, best way is still to inject kalkwasser paste to its mouth and let itself swallow it down ;)

wow...

seems like we are dealing with some kind of alien life form!!!

:lol:

• SRC Member
hi,

thanks for all help! inject it??? do u just use the syringe and just release the kalk paste over the anemone's mouth like u're doing a direct feeding to corals or do u need a needle and poke it into the mouth and then inject the kalk paste?

The former is correct. Feed the majano with kalk paste... :evil: