Post your dwarfs/pygmy angels here

they are the least likely to peck on corals compared to their bigger angel cousins...

but of coz there is a risk of dwarfs doing that as well.....

so it depends on how confident you are with your system and fishes....if you intro dwarfs into a community where they are allowed to roam the open waters as much as they like....sooner or later they may discover the pleasures of the flesh :lol:

But like I said, my existing community does not allow the dwarfs to mingle in the open water and the only mischief the dwarfs can conjure are limited to the back half along the 6ft length....where there are only rockworks and caves/tunnels for them to turn to microfauna and microflora/algae ...as well as the generous flood of food channelling into the rockworks during tangs/anthias feeding time

you have also heard of tangs pecking on corals....so, nothing is really 100% reef safe... ;)

it may help if one has good understanding and feel of his system and undertake abit of "fish psychology" on his fishes....and of coz..good fengshui helps too :lol:

heard of the saying where some people just have "green fingers"? similarly, some have fish fingers as well :lol::upsidedown:

post-8-1106443648.jpg

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait for me to stike TOTO group 1 :P

Okie now every week 2 times I go try $1 :P

Partick123, the Pomacanthus genus is a big NO NO NO in a reef tank :P

:lol::lol::lol: ok den maybe have to wait and wait loh.... Pomancanthus ok lah.. alot of ppl try and ok leh.. guess its a matter of hit and miss...

Like that must ask you sell yours to me liao lol.....

I think a lot of the Pomancanthus is in SPS reef so they leave it alone. They go for the meaty stuffs one.

Talking abt that, my blue tang once in a blue moon also go nip on the clams, so for angel wise no need to think liao.

Like that must ask you sell yours to me liao lol.....

I think a lot of the Pomancanthus is in SPS reef so they leave it alone. They go for the meaty stuffs one.

Talking abt that, my blue tang once in a blue moon also go nip on the clams, so for angel wise no need to think liao.

yah loh.. but since tangs also not really safe... i rather choose angel as it produce lesser waste and nicer in coloration...

• SRC Member
Here's my angel... Sorri... pix taken using a cam fone...

Like to get a flame angel too... Hw much did u paid for your flame angel... Difficult to care for as im still a beginner... What do u feed them?

Depending on which shop you go, flame angel usually run about 30+. If you go to places like CF or ML may be more expensive as their stock are guarantee to be better quality. For example, a x-large size YT at CF can be 70+.

yah loh.. but since tangs also not really safe... i rather choose angel as it produce lesser waste and nicer in coloration...

Wah, I like your school of thought!! I totally agree!! After having a hungry blue tang ripping through my brain coral.... :( :( :(

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
intro triggers?

then you will be solving the problem with a bigger problem :lol:

and then maybe next time intro a shark to eat up the triggers? ;)

Just kidding lah... I have tried dwarf angel and angel in my reef tank and can safely say that I don't have the fish finger to keep mischiefing angel in my reef tank. hehehe :)

If I get posted back to Singapore, then I may setup another 4ft for FOWLR. Meanwhile, they will go into my 2ft FOWLR tank. hehehe

Actually, I'm tempted to keep them with a partition in between, sort of like what they do at the LFS for fighting fish or luahan. :) But that would be much fun would it.

Joke aside, I find that the running cost of a FOWLR is so much less than a reef tank. I don't need a chiller, just run a cheap skimmer, don't need MH, just on the light once in a while, buy the plastic SPS and no need to take care. Every two months when I change the water for my reef tank, the waste water from my reef will go into the FOWLR. So no need to buy salt. :) The cost is only running the pump 24/7 which is not much. Is this a good idea?

get a better skimmer for reef, maybe also can change water once a year too :P:paiseh: (of coz still must watch your parameters and dose trace if u want)

sorry i not pro and not confident enough yet, still stuck at half yearly changes despite a much improved skimmer.....although even at half year still doesn't seem to need an change, i just do it anyway.

half a year "exercise" one time is reasonable for my body....old liao...no strength to change so much water frequently :P:paiseh:

i use 2 largest-size toyogo tubs u can find in carrefour for water change...not sure exactly how many percent of water change is that...but that's the most i change anyway...hehe

i changed water last year 04 mid-year.....and just did one recently 04 year end....next due change 05 mid-year :)

but i must state that regular water changes is always better, please do not follow if you are not confident with your system