Salt Measurement??

nemo

• SRC Member

it is not advisable to add salt to the tank and mix from there....its not going to be really accurate especially when u have a DSB.

if you want to do dat to save the hassle of mixing in a pail and pouring ir into a tank...

make sure u put in a powerhead to help dissolve the salt and measure ur SG ard 2 days later.

you can continue to add water into the main tank, your overflow will move excess water into the sump, just make sure to check your water level in the sump.

:lol:

• SRC Member
if having a sump tank, do we measure the salt limit by the main tank then follow by sump. My main tank is 3ft & my sump is 2 ft??? how to put the correct limit of salt???

i tot the water from the main will flow to sump and u will have even reading from the main n sump?

• SRC Member

I think if you want a quick Accurate reading, Just let it settle for 1 hour or so..

Any less. sure the reading will not be accurate:) AnyWay wat salt do you use,

Red sea, etc

Best Regards

Giritharan

it is not advisable to add salt to the tank and mix from there....its not going to be really accurate especially when u have a DSB.

if you want to do dat to save the hassle of mixing in a pail and pouring ir into a tank...

make sure u put in a powerhead to help dissolve the salt and measure ur SG ard 2 days later.

you can continue to add water into the main tank, your overflow will move excess water into the sump, just make sure to check your water level in the sump.

:lol:

wah, it seems need to waste a little bit of time if i am doing like that, can i straight add the water in the main tank & sump, then jus throw in marine salt & wait for a few days & see how???